Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 2:23 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:03 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Here's my list.

1. Thriller (Thriller)
This song is absolutely legendary. I never get enough of it. It's that damn good. Find me someone who DOESN'T at least like Thriller, and I'll be amazed.

2. Billie Jean (Thriller)
Billie Jean is not my lover! Absolute legendary. Can't get enough of this, either. It also introduced the world to that MJ trademark, the moonwalk.

3. Stranger in Moscow (HIStory)
Absolutely incredible song. The way MJ sings and the groove makes it feel like you're really a stranger in a foreign land.

4. Liberian Girl (Bad)
This song is quite beautiful. I can't sing, but I'm definitely gonna play it to my girl someday!

5. Rock My World (Invincible)
I know I may have some people in arms over this, but this song really is quite good. It's a throwback to playful MJ before the incidents. Infectious beat, great vocals, I love it.

In making this top 5, I just did the ones I listen to more than the others. By no means is it a order of true legendhood. :p

I have too many to list if I relied merely on how awesome they are on just one listen.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:06 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I really enjoy thriller.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:06 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

do any of the songs from the Jackson 5 count?

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:32 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

i also liked thriller but i also like that song "for all lost children," not sure what its called though. i have an amazing amount of MJ on my ipod, all classics from when he wasnt a freak show. i like black or white too for some reason.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:38 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
Spoony Bard

Level 0

The list needs Smooth Criminal.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:49 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Smooth Criminal is awesome as hell. Would have made my list, but it was only based on my playlist.

Where's your lists, people? We need to compare!

And...Jackson 5 is a different operation. I love them, too, but make another list for them.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:09 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

damn! how did i forget smooth criminal? i dont really have a top five of MJ, though i do like some songs more then others.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:50 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
Spoony Bard

Level 0

and don't forget about "Beat it".

PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 12:01 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
Call me Bon

Level 22

God, this is hard!

In no particular order:

Dirty Diana
Billie Jean
Rock With You
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Butterflies

PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 1:18 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

1. Beat It (Thriller)
I have no idea why I like this song so much. In all honesty, I've loved this since I was a child(go figure, I like the music video with gang fighting). I really love the choreography in this song, and I like the video better than Thriller. Yes, I have committed a sin. :XD

2. Remember the Time (Dangerous)
When most people think of MJ, they think of Billie Jean, or Thriller. I personally remember this. It's so pop-y and catchy. Though, I think by this point he started to become unattractive with all that surgery he didn't need(not for his skin condition, of course- he couldn't control that- but the whole nose thing, and the re-doing of facial structure).

3. You Are Not Alone (HIStory)
This song just makes me want to cry every time I hear it. I of course, think of the people I love in conjunction with this song.

4. Scream (HIStory)
I just love this song. No idea why, it just has a good sound to it. Of course, this isn't just MJ, Janet is there with him. But I think she adds a lot to this song. It was nice to watch the video again! I can guarantee I didn't know what anime was the first time I saw this video. :XD

5. Stranger in Moscow (HIStory)
I really love the overall mood of this song. Something slow-paced, and otherworldly, well almost. It's a good one for mellowing out.

Hopefully, y'all enjoy my picks. 8)

PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 1:53 am 
Call me Bon

Level 22

Fayorei wrote:
1. Beat It (Thriller)
I have no idea why I like this song so much. In all honesty, I've loved this since I was a child(go figure, I like the music video with gang fighting). I really love the choreography in this song, and I like the video better than Thriller. Yes, I have committed a sin. :XD

When most people think of MJ, they think of Billie Jean, or Thriller. I personally remember this. It's so pop-y and catchy. Though, I think by this point he started to become unattractive with all that surgery he didn't need(not for his skin condition, of course- he couldn't control that- but the whole nose thing, and the re-doing of facial structure).

This song just makes me want to cry every time I hear it. I of course, think of the people I love in conjunction with this song.

4. Scream (HIStory)
I just love this song. No idea why, it just has a good sound to it. Of course, this isn't just MJ, Janet is there with him. But I think she adds a lot to this song. It was nice to watch the video again! I can guarantee I didn't know what anime was the first time I saw this video. :XD

I really love the overall mood of this song. Something slow-paced, and otherworldly, well almost. It's a good one for mellowing out.

Those are excellent picks, especially You Are Not Alone.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 3:13 am 

Level 50

Bonanza Wire wrote:
Fayorei wrote:
1. Beat It (Thriller)

4. Scream (HIStory)

Those are excellent picks, especially You Are Not Alone.

Thank ya. Been a fan of MJ since I was a baby apparently. Mom says I used to bounce around in my walker-type thing whenever his music videos came on. :lol

PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 4:01 am 

Level 0

I'm glad that you said a different list for the Jackson 5 as I would not be able to properly narrow down my list:

Jackson 5
5. I'll be there
4. I want you back
3. Shake your body down to the ground
2. Can you feel it
1. The love you save

Michael Jackson
5. Beat it
4. Off the Wall
3. Wanna be Startin Something
2. Smooth Criminal
1. Billie Jean

NOTES:
Was the first one in my school to do the moonwalk by dancing to Billie Jean at a talent show in sixth grade just between when people stopped filming with 8mm and taping with video, thus exists only as memory in the minds of those who witnessed it.

I think that the Jackson Five era "Rockin Robbin" is one of the best examples to show his overall pure prime natural talent before evolving culturally.

Although it is not my favorite to listen to, I think "Billie Jean" is his absolute best work as it is 100 percent perfect.

I think he was clearly the perfect choice for the first chorus of "We are the World".

I think that "The love you save" is everybit as good a song as everyone of his solo works and in some ways better.

Born and raised 15-20 minutes from where he grew up (but not at the same time as him).

PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 7:46 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Bo, your choice of "Wanna be Startin' Something" is an excellent choice. I would have added it there, but the other songs beat it, imo.

And why exactly did no one else select Thriller on their list?

PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 10:31 pm 

Level 50

Ixzion wrote:
Bo, your choice of "Wanna be Startin' Something" is an excellent choice. I would have added it there, but the other songs beat it, imo.

And why exactly did no one else select Thriller on their list?

I almost put "Wanna be Startin' Something" on my list. It would have been number 6.

I just never got a REALLY large kick out of "Thriller" like other people have. It's good, but not in my top 5. Definitely in a top 10.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 11:02 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

Same here. Like I said, this list was really hard to do! :p

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]