Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 5:24 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 8:40 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Is it right to feel bad when you're wrong? Shouldn't you just accept being wrong and take it with a matter-of-factness?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 9:38 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Nah, well... It depends on the situation.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 11:18 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Yes and no. Depending on what the matter is, most the time anyone will lament being wrong. I mean, who wants to be wrong?

But while you can be a bit uneasy about being wrong, as long as you keep an open mind about it and accept it... it should be fine, even if there are traces of resentment.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 11:45 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

As Lantis said, nobody likes to be wrong, just don't try to go in denial or something.

That reminds me...
A few months ago, Me and my friends went to the movies, an they all gave me their money so I could buy the tickets. When the ticket lady gave me the change, I thought she gave me 10 dollars less than she should. When I pointed that out to her, she got really angry at me, and told me I was wrong.
I let it pass, and start handing out everyone their changes, but I felt that I was missing indeed 10 bucks, so I go back to the ticket lady. At this point sh started yelling and said basically that she would call the manager and she would count the money in the cashier to show me she gave me the correct change.
Before that happened, I found the 10 dollars I was looking for, they were in my wallet, so I apologized to the lady, and told here there's no need to call the manager. She was really, really mad, despite that she was, in the end right.

I was more upset with her attitude that anything else, but I think I handled pretty well the "Oops I was wrong" situation. I wonder what excuse she would have made if she was the one that was wrong.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 12:01 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

I'm the type of person that believes strongly that you should not punish yourself (or others) when you (or they) are wrong. You should admit your mistake to yourself (and others), accept it, learn from it and move on.

If you do feel bad though, you shouldn't feel bad for feeling bad either. You should ask yourself what was the harm, why does it bother you etc. and learn to retrain your conditioning. Many times the reason that we feel bad is learned, so there is nothing wrong with learning to not feel bad, as long as the 'wrong' (like Guarionex said) is not denied for what it is.

A general comment, is that I think that individuals inability to transcend their social reinforcement of insecurity or inferiority lead many individuals to not admit to themselves or others when they are wrong. If an individual actively treats their behavior in a way where overcoming a 'wrong' is a monastic exercise of individual responsiblity and not a deflection of blame, they are more likely to benefit themselves as well as provide less detriment to society.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 1:13 pm 
Heh, "user avatar"

Level 0

I think there's nothing wrong with admitting you're wrong matter-of-factly. But I also think there's nothing wrong with being wrong, it's just something that you are, and as soon as you realize that you're wrong, you can change your opinion or not, as long as you know you're wrong. Being wrong knowing that you're wrong is just as acceptable as being right, I think. I dunno, I may be wrong.
^^

But what I think it's the most interesting about this subject is how people expect you to nor admit being wrong. People expect you to resist and they really can't react well when you... don't.
Make an experiment: one day, when you're wrong, admit it in a very direct way, and make no big deal out of it (like... "okay, you're right" and wander off). You'd be amazed at how people just stay there with their mouths open or reply nonsense that has nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 5:46 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
Call me Bon

Level 22

I tend to dwell on my mistakes, so its seems logical. However, one needs to move on and realize that it was a LIFE LESSON, and that something was learned from it.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:07 am 
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I think it's right to feel what you feel.

Me? I always feel a tinge bad when I was wrong, because if I was wrong, then I've probably hurt someone I care about if it was a situation worth my reflection.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:10 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

It's not bad as long as you don't dwell on it for too long.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:47 am 
Keep it cool

Level 13

If you can feel bad about something right, and feel good about doing something wrong, why can't you feel bad about something wrong?

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 8:45 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
Spoony Bard

Level 0

you're supposed to feel bad, then take it like a man and punch some person.

EDIT: 500th post.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2008, 2:16 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spoony Bard

Level 0

You can't help the way you feel. I'm going to say yes. But admitting that your wrong... That's kinda hard.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]