Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently October 23rd, 2024, 4:14 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 9:00 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

If you have a story (on-topic replies only, please) about RPGMM that you want to share, please post it! We will take them and put them into the issue.

Remember your grammar and cursing (keep it down).

I'll collect them tomorrow night.

Last edited by Ixzion on August 1st, 2007, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2007, 10:30 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I discovered two glitches here. I won't tell you how I accomplished them, but I will say what happened. The first was in our chat. I wound up typing in something that skrewed up the emotes, making them appear a line or two under where they were supposed to be. It was really funny, because we had a couple Mods in there using their Mod icon by their message names, and these icons appeared a post late, resulting in people like DuelPro holding the Mod icon if they were quick enough to make the next post. It stopped being funny when one of the higher-ups did it, and it glitched Facts/Myoky and I from Mod status to Admin status. Permanently, at that. Seriously, Feros/Oblivion Wolf tried to put us back to Mod status, but we reverted.

I also figured out a way to create a sticky topic in the forums without being one of the moderators. But I won't get into that.

It was only natural of me to find these glitches. I <i>am</i> one of the bigger rulebreakers of RPG Maker 1. :)

(PS: Yes, I purposely spell it "skrew". One of my random quirks. Don't fix it.)

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 8:23 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Well, I've been with these band of idiots for quite some time. I took part in the resurrection of the site when it was destroyed (I forget why). I stumbled upon this waste basket of a site and was like, "How am I supposed to get RPG Maker help here?" So, thinking that, I didn't really decide to join until I talked to the chocolate man who ran this crap shoot. I decided I would join after hearing about this apparent crash and burn. I started creating a freakin' boat load polls and spam posts to try and attract attention and get the board back in order. Of course, it wasn't about my posts or effort, it was about my looks and my penis. Of course, being the only straight guy on the boards at the time, it didn't really attract the fems. Too much gay moshing here, I suppose.

Anyway, after a while and gaining some influence and power inside the RPG Maker community (excluding the Pav, because they hate me), I became a mod, then not long after, an admin, just because I'm a bad ass. Well, we than had some sort of war going on between some people (two different sites). Quite frankly, I think it was because they were jealous of the raw power, finesse and good looks the men of the Mag. There was much tension and bloodlust between the two sites, and I acted irrationally and attacked the big admin guy by editing his post. Oops. That led to the people hating me and threats and blah blah blah. But enough of a crappy war story.

I've never played a huge, integral role on this site, nor do I plan to, except pose as entertainment or the rules man. I'm the hard ass, and I make people do what I say, even Nigzion and Furros (ObsidianMulch). For a while, i was going through difficult times with personal issues and some people here were setting me off, so it just amplified my anger. So I decided to rule with an iron fist. I crushed the opposition with my giant peen and doused the flames of rebellion with my water works. Of course, this made some angry because I was "over stepping my bounds." No one tells me what to do! So, I left. Then the site fell into a decline and a place full of pansies. Everyone was NICE and AGREEING with each other! Who does that?! So, I came back onto the scene, but did not get a grand welcome, but oh well, I'd show these miscreants.

Yeah, that's my story during my life here at the Mag. It's sad, but true. I have plans for this site, but I'm not telling.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 9:10 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Only need one more. Next one gets in the issue.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 9:17 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Believe it or not, the Mag was my first forum I delved in really. So outside of random IRC chatrooms, I never really got to know anyone online that I didn't know in person... Not that I didn't like the idea, per se but I just didn't think that you could really build much of a relationship based on such seemingly flagrant means of knowing someone.

But throughout the first year of my stay at the Mag, I learned differently. I've gotten to know the people here at the mag and I have grown close enough to be able to call them a 'friend'. It still seems a bit strange that you can know someone so well without knowing them beyond my monitors. I've since added a good number to IM, and even had the privilege to web cam with a few.

Originally, I came to the mag because I was new to RM1 and wanted to get the first game I made out on the net... which I'm sure is how most people got here. But by then, I already started re-making it with SK. But I got alot more out of the mag than that. I becamed involved enough to ask for a spot on staff. And since I was able to do a bit for the mag such as buying ad space, write articles and reviews, doing a little photoshop work from time to time, and help out the members with RM1 if ever the occasion arised.

Basically, the mag has become rather important to me... not as a website, but as a community. Not to say it's always been this picture perfect place. There are times when the mag has no activity for while, or members leave, or a flood of noobs comes and just puts a good few in a bad mood... but it's always came around. And I'm glad to say that I've been there through the good times and the bad. I've since been on other forums, but none of them have given me such a homely feeling like the mag. So I end this little sappy scrap of text with a big thanks to everyone or something. ^_^

PostPosted: July 27th, 2007, 9:21 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Alright. I got the issue ones. But I'm going to lead people to this topic so that they can see more stories by you guys.