Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 4:37 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:08 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

Here goes:

Teacher took my Gameboy Color
Dog peed on my Nintendo 64
While playing RE2, without saving once the power went out when I was going to the room to face the final boss
GameboySP broke
My Chrono Trigger data got erased twice in a row
And I can't use the word kill in MK: Armageddon cause it's "offensive".

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:11 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I worked up a good 100000 orb in DMC 1 while running Dante Must Die mode and died... I forgot to save before I fought a boss.

And I lost an entire memory card full of scenario data on me and SK's game while in TN one year.

And for some strange reason, I had the same issue you had with Chrono Trigger once...

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:22 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Put in Holiday 2005 Demo Disc from Playstation Underground.

Played Viewtiful Joe 2 demo.

Beat said demo.

Looked at memory cards (yes both of them).

NO DATA.

Tried to hold back wanting to kill everyone in sight.

Mourned the loss of 500 hours of gameplay in around 15 games.

http://www.thetruecoolness.com
Are you prepared? Do you believe in the Coolness? Well either way check it out.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:43 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

recently:

Playing Phoenix Wright 2, get to the ending of case 4... battery runs out... haven't touched the game for the past 2 days.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 5:38 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I tried playing Final Fantasy 8 with a third-party memory card. This being when I first got my PSone and me not knowing any better. It kept corrupting my game, making me have to start over (possibly one reason why I don't like the game so much). The last time I used three save files at once, so that if one file corrupted, I'd still have a backup file. I got to the middle of the third card (specifically, the Ragnarok). All three files corrupted there.

The second worst thing (actually, it's a tie) was when I beat FF6 to show my cousin and her boyfriend its awesome ending. The screen blacked out to start the cast rollcall. And then my littler cousin landed on my SNES and the game froze. Yeah, I know, don't leave it out, but there wasn't anywhere to put it in here other than the floor. Didn't hurt my game or my SNES beyond that, though. Just made me lose my chance to show off the ending. Although there is how (this it what tied it) a kid friend of mine tried playing FF6. He got to the first boss and saved, and wanted to watch me instead, so I told him which file was mine and he chose it for me. The problem is, he was still in "save mode" and overwrote the file I had sitting at the end of the game. :cry

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 6:49 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

-Soda spilled on my ps2 while playing DMC 3.

-Beat a boss in DMC 3....didnt save.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 7:03 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

I was playing Tiny Toon Adventures, with my bros and some friends, trying to beat the game. We couldn't beat, so I said, something like "Argh! I just want to turn the game off!"
One of my friends said ok and reseted the game. That's not the worst thing that happened to me, but it was very annoying.

- Losing my memory card data just when I was very into Final Fantasy VII
- Restart FFVII and have my file overwritten by my aunt's game just after I got to 2nd CD (she played FFVII too)
- Losing memory card data again. I completely gave up on FFVII
- Erasing my Xenogears data (I went to data manager, and DELETED IT. I don't even know why. I tried to press whatever buttons you had to press to stop the deletion, but it was too lata
- Forgeting Xenogears instruction booklet when I gave it in trade in. I got 1$ for the game (I swear the employee told me I would get a dollar less with no booklet, not that they'll just give me a dollar for an old CD with no booklet)
- Overwriting by accident my Phantom Brave game. I was at very high levels. For once, I didn't gave up on an RPG I accidentaly deleted.

Those are ones I remember...

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 9:18 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

... Some punk black kids (no offense, Ixzion, Hell Hunter) who pretended to be my friends broke into my house right then and there when I was standing just around the side of the house in the backyard. These two kids just waltzed their thieving little butts straight into my room and took my PSX, along with Final Fantasy VII and the memory card that contained my treasured save file that contained proof of my having defeated both Emerald and Ruby Weapon.

What still angers me to this day is that I was right there on the presmises, but like a total child I had allowed them to take advantage of my slight distraction with an argument I was having over the fence with a neighbor kid whom I hated. *sigh*

Now, taking another man's copy of one of the greatest games of all time (and by that I mean Final Fantasy VII) is in and of itself a crime punishable by death in my eyes, ... but (*anger slowly rebuilding at this pain-filled memory of treachery*) to lay your filthy thieving hands on a save file that is evidence of your gaming prowess and forever deleting the memory of two very difficult battles prepared for, fought, and won by countless hours of blood, sweat, and tears ......!

(*takes a deep breath and forces himself to silently hold back his destructive half from emerging so that it does not cause the entire world to end*)

... On the plus side, though the memory card was wiped clean, I did manage to recover the stolen PSX.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 9:23 pm 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

a memory card wiped itself... it had about 650 hours of gameplay on it, more or less. Including one 110 hour ToS save that had enough grade on it to buy ALL the Grade upgrades. ^^; Along with half a dozen GC saves that were at the ends of their respective games.

man, that irritated me.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 9:28 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

The constant irritation of my brother popping out the game before turning it off in Lufia 2...

We must have beat the game 10 times before he finally stopped doing that.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: January 24th, 2007, 1:19 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Having my memoy card destroyed (not just corrupted, it never registered in the system after that) when I first got my max drive and tried to use the "move" command.

Pavilion members will remember that I then smashed the max drive against my wall, and finished the shards of it off with a hammer.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2007, 6:23 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Well, I don't remember the smashing, but I do remember the initial "I HATE THIS FREAKING THING AND NOBODY SHOULD USE IT" review for it and that Datel sent you another Max Drive as an apology. :P

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 24th, 2007, 11:23 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
The Thread Necromancer

Level 0

Location: Out there. In that place. You know, with the "thing"
I thouhgt I was pretty slick when i bought one of those multi page PSX memory cards to write my epic first RPGM game on.

That was untill I relized why it was in the "used" bin a EB...>.> Turned on my game to edit one day and had the deliteful expiriace of finding 6 weeks worth of system data KAPUTSKI. I tried to rebuild, by carefully looking at the consept art I had drawn, and replacing every thing in the maps as it had been, but after I tried to save again it ifound that it just plain wouldent. I abandoend that game after that fiasco.

Another annoying thing I did was to accidentaly save over a game of Champions Of Norath that me and my girl friend were playing with one that Me my GF and her twin sister were playing. She was none to happy about that, but because she say that I felt really stupid about it she let me off with a soul crushing glare. The idea of the game in question was to run our characters through each difficulty and then import them in to CoN: Return to arms and do the same (something that would have conceveably taken Literaly months of game play to do)

I also had a scare with VIKINGMAN! when i tried to edit it on my Slim line PS2. When i stuck the game back in my PS0ne, allthe data appeared to be GONE. but when i wehnt in to the editor, it was all there safe and sound. I resaved and it poped up again so all I can say was WHEWW!!! *extreeme releif*

But yeah, SL PS2's apparently have a slightly different saving algorythim to PSOnes. I think that every one should be aware of that so we can avoid "corruted" game saves. (Regular PS2's don't seem to share this problem, but I did have an early series PS2 before I traded it in for a SL, so i cant be sure...)

All Of The Above Statements Have Been Given The Staffmaster Seal of Approval. Have A Nice Day!!

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 1:24 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I bought a PS2 like a mere week before the Slim-Line was announced for US release. It doesn't seem to have any memory card issues, though there is the rare instance that it has trouble recognizing the memory card in Slot 2. At least, that's where it happened last time. Didn't corrupt any data, luckily.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 1:40 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I pretty much just traded my copy of DMC3 for DMC3 Special Edition. I though "Hey, it's just like DMC3 but MORE."

Well, I was right... and wrong. The Special Edition does not recognize the DMC3 save from the original. So basically my completed master file and proof of Dante Must Die-ness is pretty much just gone. I have to start clean over.

That's not the worst... but it's a bummer none the less.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 4:29 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief

Level 26

Ya, so most of my life I've lived in the middle of nowhere. And we had frequent power surges. And I mean frequent as in like 5 or 6 on a good day. So basically every game I've ever played I've played about a thousand times. I've had so many things lost and so many accomplishments corrupted. But the worst thing seems to me that because of the frequent surges my consoles had a very short lifespan. My 64 only lasted 6 months before it flat out died on me.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 6:48 pm 
Banned Banned

Level 0

Turning a game off while it was saving and having it delete all my memory on the card.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 6:50 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

OMG, that reminded me... I did the exact same thing with my best Final Fantasy Tactics file.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 8:05 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
"The worst pokemon."

Level 0

Well, this didn't happen to me while playing a video game, but it screwed up my video games nevertheless. I only have one 8 MB memory card for my PS2, so I used to save everything on to my computer through a Shark Port... but my harddrive crashed. So, I lost everything. Now I save both on my PC and my PS2 HDD.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 10:55 pm 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
"The worst pokemon."

Level 0

I had spent probably 40-50 hours (back then, that was a lot to me) on the SNES Ogre Battle. Then I discovered in some magazine a code for a one-off level. I put the code in, played it, and went to save it to finish later. My jaw dropped as I accidentally saved over my previous 40-50 hrs worth of work save. I was incapable of speech for at least 2 minutes. I've not played the game since (and cannot anymore, anyway, as it was stolen from me a few years ago).