Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 4:37 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 12:57 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I just got the following e-mail:
Quote:
AUDITTING AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER,
BANK OF AFRICAN (BOA)
OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO,
WEST AFRICA.

TOP SECRET

DEAR FRIEND,

I AM MR.PETER AMED,THE AUDITTING MANAGER OF BANK OF AFRICAN (BOA)
BURKINA FASO IN WEST AFRICAN CONTINENT. DURING MY INVESTIGATION AND AUDITTING IN THIS BANK,I CAME ACROSS A VERY HUGE SUM OF MONEY BELONGING TO A DECEASED PERSON WHO DIED ON 31ST OCTOBER 1999 IN A PLANE CRASH WITH HIS WIFE: VIEW THE SITE :
(http://www.zenpageweavers.com/malikahti ... flight.htm) AND CNN
NEWS:
(http://www.cnn.com/US/9910/31/egyptair.families.02/)

BANK OF AFRICA GOT INFORMATION AFTER HIS DEATH THAT HIS TWO CHILDREN WHICH THEIR NAMES DID NOT MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE SITE WERE AMONG THE VICTIMS.THE BANKING LAW AND GUIDLING HERE STIPULATES THAT IF SUCH FUND REMAINED UNCLAIMED AFTER TEN YEARS IT WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO THE BANK TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED FUND

AND THE FUND HAS BEEN DORMANT IN HIS ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK WITHOUT ANY CLAIM OF THE FUND IN OUR CUSTODY EITHER FROM HIS FAMILY OR RELATION BEFORE MY DISCOVERY TO THIS ISSUE.THE SAID AMOUNT WAS US$13.7M (THIRTEEN MILLON SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS).

MEANWHILE THE TRANSFER OF THIS FUND WILL REQUIRE A SECOND PARTY OR FELLOW WHO WILL FORWARD CLAIM AS THE NEXT OF KIN OR BUSINESS PARTNER OF THE DECEASED TO THE BANK OF AFRICA,AND ALSO PRESENT A FOREIGN ACCOUNT WHERE THE FUND WILLBE RE-TRANSFERRED AFTER PAYMENT APPROVAL IS GRANTED.SO,THE REQUEST OF FOREIGNER AS NEXT OF KIN OR BUSINESS PARTNER ON THIS TRANSACTION IS
OCCASSIONED BY THE FACT THAT THE CUSTOMER WAS A FOREIGNER AND I, AS A BURKINABE CANNOT STAND AS NEXT OF KIN TO THE DECEASED.

MOREOVER,I WILL NOT FAIL TO INFORM YOU THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% RISK FREE. AND ON SMOOTH CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION,YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO 40% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS GRATIFICATION, WHILE 10% WILL BE SET ASIDE TO TAKE CARE OF EXPENSES THAT MAY ARISE DURING THE TIME OF TRANSFER AND ALSO TELEPHONE BILLS, WHILE 50% WILL BE FOR ME. DUE TO THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DORMANT FOR MANY YEARS AFTER THE DEATH OF THE OWNER,YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT AN UPFRONT EXPENSES WILL BE INVOLVE ON THIS TRANSACTION BEFORE THE FUND
WILL BE TRANSFERRED INTO ANY OF YOUR ACCOUNT BY THE BANK OF AFRICA. AND IT'S BOTH OF US THAT WILL PAY AN UPFRONT EXPENSES WHICH WILL BE INVOLVED ON THIS TRANSACTION IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SMOOTH ANDSUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THE FUND TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

I WILL BE HERE IN THE BANK OF AFRICA AND MONITOR THE WHOLE TRANSACTION WITH YOUR ASSISTANCE UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THE TOTAL FUND IN YOUR ACCOUNT PEACEFULLY.ONCE YOU CONFIRMED THE TOTAL FUND IN YOUR ACCOUNT SUCCESSFULLY, I WILL COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY FOR MY OWN SHARE OF THE FUND.UPON RECIEPT OF A POSITIVE RESPONSE FROM YOU,I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE
TRANSACTION AND APPLICATION FORM YOU SHOULD SUBMIT TO THE BANK AS THE BENEFICIARY OF THE FUND.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY VIA MY E-MAIL ADDRESS

I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR URGENT REPLY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
MR.PETER AMED.

I'm gonna go for it!!! :D

In about a million years. What am I really gonna do? I dunno. I could reply and say "Can I use PayPal?" I've only got something like $10 in it right now. Or, come to think of it, he doesn't ask for my bank account information. Only that I have money. Or rather, that I "confirm the amount of money" in my account. Which for all I know would mean giving my account information. But that doesn't mean I can't act all confused and say "I have $200." But then this whole thing confuses me, so maybe I'll just ignore it.

I'll tell you what. This would be a little more believeable if the guy gave me a reason why I was chosen out of the billions of possible e-mail addresses.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:00 am 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

heh, or if he could spell. 'auditing and accounting managers' have secretaries. it's their job to be able to write coherently.

^___^ thats quite a cool email, though. waaay better than the one i posted a while back.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:02 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Could it be a scam? Well he likes to talk in caps. Cluck him! It could be fake! Which it is!

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:06 am 
Statistical Magus

Level 0

yeah. it could be a scam.

possibly.

gee, i really don't know, though. he did seem awfully believable. in a way.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:07 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Flame em!!!
Flame em!
Flame em!! :evil

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:09 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Well that explains how this topic gained four posts in a five-minute period.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:10 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

No flame? :(

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:11 am 
PSN/XBL: KaiserSosate

Level 0

Here is the best way to get a good laugh from this. go on yahoo messenger and tell him to sign on. Lead him on, give him a fake name. Say your name is Mario toadstool and let him show you the fake check. All for a good laugh.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:11 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Meh. sounds good. Gimme his e-mail address :evil
Its definitley a scam.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 1:31 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I don't normally get to do this with myself, but...

This seems relevant. :homestar

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 5:01 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 0

:lol yeah, it could be a scam or it is a scam.DP...Do whatever you want, with your plan--i meant HH plan.Do the spy thing.

Dray if you want money i could help you gain 50 thousand dollars per 3 months :lol.This could be serious.

-Ravishing Tragedy!!~Final Fury!Bam, Boom, Bam, Boom, Boom!!
Let's finish this!!~

-Ionian Guardian Anise Tatlin, Tales of the Abyss-

PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 10:27 am 

Level 0

it's totally real duh.
look how excited he is about giving you this money.
GO FOR IT! XD

this also might be a good topic to mention another forum that i don't really frequent but i'm on -> www.spamusement.com

PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 11:28 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
The Thread Necromancer

Level 0

Location: Out there. In that place. You know, with the "thing"
Please tell me that you all are joking. For the love of what ever imagianry deity you pray to, tell me you arent actualy considering this. :o

All Of The Above Statements Have Been Given The Staffmaster Seal of Approval. Have A Nice Day!!

PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 11:30 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Considering actually falling for the scam? No. Considering playing along as a joke? Maybe they are, but I already deleted it.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2007, 11:32 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
The Thread Necromancer

Level 0

Location: Out there. In that place. You know, with the "thing"
well, that's diferent. Scam his ass right back.

you know, i heard once that 80% of the spam in the us comes from one guy. they even had him on the daliy show a couope of years ago

All Of The Above Statements Have Been Given The Staffmaster Seal of Approval. Have A Nice Day!!

PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 6:20 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Quote:
FROM THE DESK OF MR OUSMANE HAMED
MANAGER AUDIT AND ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA OUGADOUDOU BURKINAFASO.

I am Mr. Ousmane Hamed, Manager Audit Accounting Department Bank Of Africa
(B.O.A). I would like to know if this proposal will be worth while for your acceptance.
I have a Foreign Customer,Andreas Schranner from Germany who is an Investor, Crude Oil Merchant and Federal Government Contractor that was a victim with Concord Air Line, flight AF4590 killing 113 peole crashed on 25 July 2000 near Paris leaving a closing balance of $10.3m in one of his Private US Dollar Account
that is been managed by me as the Customer's Account Officer.
Base on my security report, these funds can be claimed without any hitches as no one is aware of the funds and its closing balance except me and the customer (Now Deceased) therefore, I can present you as the Next of Kin and we will work out the modalities for the claiming of the funds in accordance with the law. If you are interested, Please call me to discuss in further details and our sharing ratio will be 60% for me and 30% for you.while 10% will be for the naccasery expenciss that might occur along the line.

Thank you,
Ousmane Hamed
N.B.In other for you to beleive me honestly try and go through this
(website)before you start with me.
Below is the website.

Hey, man, if it didn't work the first time, what makes you think it'll work this time?

BTW, the link mentioned is excluded due to potential virus- or spyware-holding site.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 7:26 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

They just keep coming back. :lol

PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 7:38 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 0

Give me some of that money. lol

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2007, 3:20 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage

Level 0

This is actually a prominent industry in Nigeria and a few other more industrialized nations.
All such things are scams; they even have a special word for people who accept their offers- I can't recall exactly what it is, but it means something along the lines of prey or fool.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 3:55 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

It's a scam, I know cause my stepdad got the same e-mail. The plane crash had egyptians on it. He looked it up on the net.