Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 23rd, 2024, 7:19 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: October 4th, 2006, 7:44 pm 
Report this post
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter

Level 0

Amy Rose's Palace~
1) Being off of the original Topic in the Palace is OK.
Why: Most of the time the original topics don't make much sense anyway.
Natural conversation changes topic all the time anyway.
Benefit: Better to use old threads than make a new thread every time you want to talk about something different.
Rules: Maintain conversational flow. Don't randomly come into a topic where they are talking about bananas and make a random comment about paper weights. With this goes the idea of making your posts count. If you don't have anything relevant to say, don't post. It won't kill you.
Action: Random spam that makes no sense will be deleted. If there is more than we care to delete the thread gets locked. If a member causes havoc and continues to cause havoc even after he or she has been warned it will result in strikes and eventually bannination.

2) The Off Topic Thread - Random posts are ok, conversation doesn't matter in here. That is why it is called Off Topic. Even still, don't just spam
this thread endlessly. That is annoying and will result in strikes and lost
priviledges.

3) Game Threads - follow the rules. Usually the first post contains the
rules of the game. For example - The various versions of "Word Association". MAKE IT RELATE. Game threads that stop playing the game will be closed.

4) Purposed Threads - conversation is OK but keep it to the point. The
thread was made for a purpose so it better serve that purpose. For example - "Pictorials" is for posting pictures. If the thread has a page of talking about cars, it better be because people are posting pictures of cars.

5) Bumping - This is the forum to bump in. It is clear that there are many
pages of threads - so check them before you post a new thread. Many common ideas for games or polls have already been done. The handy little search link is your friend. Even the Palace does not need forty instances of the same thread. At the same time, if you are bumping a thread, be bumping it for a reason. Because you want to continue the game, or because it was a classic thread (Tentacles for instance). Don't just go back pages and bump tons of old threads driving the threads that are actually active down to the bottom or even off the page. Not only is that annoying it's flooding which is also annoying.

6) Flooding - If every thread on the page has your name as the most recent poster you better have had something relevant to say in each one. Usually there is only around five active threads at a time so there is no reason to post in thirty. Flooding will result in strikes.

Posting Guidelines:
If someone who comes on every day has to go back pages and pages in every thread to figure out what has gone on while they were away, then too much spam has gone on.
If your post contains less than 30 characters think about what you are
saying and if it is really neccessary to the conversation.
Bad spam - 1) coming in the middle of a conversation and posting something randomly and completely off topic. 2) Posts like "k" or "haha" that simply are not needed.
Good spam - 1) conversation that flows from subject to subject not
intellingent or focused enough to constitute as chat but not completely
useless in nature. 2) games or imaginative stories (ex. Snow Queens,
Tentacle Adventures, N.E.W., Word Association) not important enough to be in Chat.

Completely useless posts will be deleted, if you notice a lot of your posts go missing, think about your posting habits before we have to talk to you about them. If you continue to make a mess you will lose privileges. If you can't understand what you are doing wrong PM me or Chrssy and we will do our best to help you out.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 6:58 am 
Report this post
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter

Level 0

TheAsianInvasion wrote:
This should actually be in a downloadable text file for those that want to reference this at a moments notice... Outstanding post Sumi

Ctrl-C
Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad
Ctrl-V
Alt-S
Amy'sRules.txt
Enter
Alt-F4

>_______>

Facts wrote:
couldn't you just copy+paste the post?

Reading the topic before you post is always good. :D

@Regal - Bite me.

Kittykicker wrote:
Ix has not updated the rules since last March. This should also be placed there. :)

He talks about bans and ranks. This should be added next to it.

I gotta get around to re-doing the rules completely anyway... not really re-writing but a general update since Lone actually wrote those rules quite a number of years ago >_> even before i was around.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2006, 12:09 pm 
Report this post
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage

Level 0

Don't mean to be a pain. Just had an idea.

Maybe it would be a good idea to let people know its "better to PM, or talk in a chat room then to spam."

I really think that people forget that theres other ways of talking around here. To be honest.. When I first came on here. I was such a noob that I did not even know that I had a PM box.

Also insted of saying mean things or getting upset in a public place I think it would be best if people took that to a PM insted. Even warnings from the Mods should PM the people to let them know personaly that "this is not a game." I think things would be better if people did more PM and chat room then abusing and misusing the public boards.

Just a thought.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ] 
Quick reply