Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 21st, 2024, 1:38 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Though do be careful homie! You don't want to overtax too fast.:)

I've been where you are(lost and gained back from life happens), and it is definitely doable. I'm getting back on track as well. Just home exercise with a treadmill since there's like no sidewalks here, but hey you can do eet as well.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 12:16 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Side walks are bad to run on anyway. There is nothing better than running on natural earth. Running on cement or concrete will damage your knees and hamstrings over time. Look at some athletes, notably baseball and football players that ran on astroturf. Many of them sustained major injuries that shortened their careers or kept them injured, even after leaving that awful turf. These days, more guys having been tearing ACLs more with all this new turf than on natural grass. Much can be said for nature's natural influences on our bodies. So choose to run on good, grass surfaces if you choose to run outside.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 7:31 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

Attempt # 1,000,000

Due to a health revelation at my last checkup, I'm slowly getting back into physical activity. I'm currently down 30 lbs.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 9:38 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

30 is a large number and something to be proud of. Keep it up!

PostPosted: January 28th, 2015, 2:52 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Yes it is. Good going, Bonanza. We're gonna get it done this time!

Since 1/5/2015, I am down 10 pounds. Can't stop, won't stop!

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 6:50 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Ixzion's Nemesis

Level 1

Time for someone to give the thread its once a season jumpstart.

I finally went back to see my orthopedic surgeon about my shoulder issues and he once again confirmed that I'm a freak of nature. Joking aside, my shoulder gives me a lot of trouble because of multidirectional instability because of hypermobilty. In other words, my shoulder is loose because my ligaments (which hold bones together) have a collagen defect so my joints have a greater range of mobility than they should. It's harmless in that it's not degenerative, but it can cause pain. I first saw an orthopedic surgeon when I was 17. Ask me about it at MagCon, I can probably freak someone out. ;)

I've been holding off exercise partly because of my shoulder. Just because the hypermobility isn't dangerous doesn't mean that I can't damage my shoulder doing exercises while it's unstable. My hips have given me issues, too. My right hip actually partially dislocated while I was on my computer a few months ago, so that has me a little wary. But I now have a PT order for my shoulder and the doctor just told me to watch my hip and if it gives me more problems come back. So once I get my shoulder a little more stable, I'm going to start lifting weights again Basically, strengthening my muscles can help stabilize the joints, which means less pain. I also need to work on a graded exercise therapy program for the fibro. Seriously, I'm a freaking train wreck.

Beyond getting a regular workout program established, I plan to really work on my eating habits. I'm using a couple of apps, like My Fitness Pro and Happy Scale. MFP tracks eating and exercise while Happy Scale tracks your weight. I've read studies that show that, in the absence of an other changes, people who keep a food diary and weigh themselves daily tend to lose more weight. Worth a try, right? We (Fay and I) also plan to work on actually meal planning for several reasons, weight being one. I like the website Kitchen Monki and I need to start entering recipes in.

Basically, I'd really like to focus on getting back into shape to either take up old hobbies (riding, skating, dancing, etc) or else try new ones like martial arts or aerial silks. Also something something something health, right?

How's everyone else doing?

PostPosted: February 26th, 2016, 4:56 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

My weight has fluctuated for the past few months. It was very easy to get out of the 460's and 470's, and right now, I'm trying to get out of the 440's-450's range.

I weighed myself today. I am currently 445. Compared with my highest weight, I am down 35 lbs. I have also been exercising every day since late October. Today was my 125th straight day of working out.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2016, 5:50 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

Congrats on keeping it up for so long. Since New Years, my workout routine remains at 100 push-ups while adding in the recommended schedule that came with the Ab Carver Pro I got for Christmas- on top of walking nearly 2 miles overall every day as part of the work commute.

Not sure on the weight but my arms are getting nicely toned and my gut is the slimmest I can ever recall it's been. Still got a long ways to go to replace the excess body fat with muscle.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2016, 6:54 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

GunarmDyne wrote:
Congrats on keeping it up for so long. Since New Years, my workout routine remains at 100 push-ups while adding in the recommended schedule that came with the Ab Carver Pro I got for Christmas- on top of walking nearly 2 miles overall every day as part of the work commute.

Not sure on the weight but my arms are getting nicely toned and my gut is the slimmest I can ever recall it's been. Still got a long ways to go to replace the excess body fat with muscle.

Invest in a scale, most definitely.
Keep it up.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2016, 8:32 pm 

Level 162

I have one, I just haven't weighed myself in ages.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2016, 2:50 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

:linkgf
GunarmDyne wrote:
I have one, I just haven't weighed myself in ages.

What do you have to lose?

:bongf

PostPosted: February 28th, 2016, 5:16 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Come on die young.

Level 5

I really gotta get back in to shape... I'm'a start dieting after I'm done quitting smoking. May start exercising as well.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2016, 5:24 pm 

Level 162

Weighed myself after today's workout. I normally work out before breakfast but today was an exception for various reasons. The scale said 223 which is around what I expected. Once the new gym opens at work I'll be able to get back to aerobic workouts with a treadmill and exercise bike rather than just the weight training I do at home, so that should help eliminate the excess fat while retaining muscle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12