Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 11:16 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: March 29th, 2015, 9:28 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

It's a classic RPG, Ix. Glad you finally came around to it. .... And of course, you do realize that once you beat it if you give the game a score of anything less than an 8, you will die. *chik-chak!*

I just completed Resident Evil Revelations 2. overall I am pleased, but it did have some issues.

Still, a fantastic move they pulled off was
killing the only one of the four main protagonists who annoyed me.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2015, 9:56 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

I managed to beat Code Name S.T.E.A.M. I heard the game could get pretty challenging, so I was glad I managed to beat it and collect all 96 gears without any kind of help. I haven't unlocked the 13th character, though, nor tried multiplayer, so there's still stuff for me to focus on eventually.

I also managed to beat the 150 main stages on Pokemon Shuffle before they added new main stages. I actually beat them all already so I'm just going back to old stages to get S Ranks and catch missed pokemons. I refuse to do microtransactions for this, so I'm advancing pretty slowly at this point.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2015, 9:32 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

Last week was such a blur I can barely remember much of anything due to being sick and tired the whole week.

If I recall, I managed to beat Excave's main story and started the post-game but have hit a brick wall against a bit difficulty spike.

Have also been making progress on Skies of Arcadia Legends and htoL#NiQ while hoping to beat both of them this week.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2015, 10:24 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Complications

Level 39

SarahsKnight wrote:
It's a classic RPG, Ix. Glad you finally came around to it. .... And of course, you do realize that once you beat it if you give the game a score of anything less than an 8, you will die. *chik-chak!*

I just completed Resident Evil Revelations 2. overall I am pleased, but it did have some issues.

Still, a fantastic move they pulled off was
killing the only one of the four main protagonists who annoyed me.

Main protagonist... killed? Unless you mean the mind transfer thing with Natalia, but other than that none died.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 7:25 am 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Revelle =>

Moira didn't die in your ending? I got what the walkthrough called the bad ending, and she clearly died after getting crushed beneath some falling debris in hers and Claire's final episode. Oh please tell me I didn't miss something and she was actually resurrected somehow. Seriously, Moira sucks. .... And Heaven forbid you think I was speaking of Natalia as the one protagonist who annoyed me! No way. She's awesome. ^_^

PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 6:19 pm 
Complications

Level 39

SarahsKnight wrote:
Revelle =>

Moira didn't die in your ending? I got what the walkthrough called the bad ending, and she clearly died after getting crushed beneath some falling debris in hers and Claire's final episode. Oh please tell me I didn't miss something and she was actually resurrected somehow. Seriously, Moira sucks. .... And Heaven forbid you think I was speaking of Natalia as the one protagonist who annoyed me! No way. She's awesome. ^_^

Nope, good ending she isn't dead. In fact, technically she's not dead in the bad ending, but Barry doesn't get to be reunited with her. Not only did she survive, but one of the bonus episodes centers on her and the time between the two campaigns.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 7:11 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Boo ...

BOOOOOO!

Foul! Wrong! I thought you were on my side this time, Capcom!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 7:48 pm 
Complications

Level 39

SarahsKnight wrote:
Boo ...

BOOOOOO!

Foul! Wrong! I thought you were on my side this time, Capcom!

What's your problem with Moira, man? :P Besides, the extra episode is meant to be 'character development' so maybe she won't be as annoying for you from now on in future games? lol

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 9:30 am 

Level 162

Been a good week as I managed to do all of the following:

* Beat htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary with both of the normal and true endings. Undecided on if I'll go for the Platinum trophy or not.

* Downloaded, beat and 100%'d BOXBOY! from the 3DS eShop, a very fun little puzzle platformer with a very fair learning curve.

* Finished Skies of Arcadia 100%, thus advancing my gaming goal for this year and completing my Gamecube collection.

* Beat the main game of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy with the special and post-game puzzles left for 100%.

* Other than BOXBOY! I also downloaded Excave II and tried it out. I'm already seeing several improvements over the first game.

* Currently focusing on Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart while on the go while also playing Daily Specials on Theatrhythm Curtain Call to slowly work towards the insane goal of 999,999 rhythmia. The focus at home is finishing Layton and the Azran Legacy 100%, completing Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, then starting Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2015, 9:29 am 

Level 162

Reached last week's goal and then some as I finished Prof. Layton and the Azran Legacy 100%, started and completed/platinum'd Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit, and started plus beat Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory with the game's Normal ending while currently starting a NG+ to shoot for the Good and True endings now.

Along with those I downloaded and beat Runny Egg, a fun, quick platformer from the 3DS eShop that, IMO, would actually be a great one to race (but setting it up for recording would be too expensive). And I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, but don't know when I'll play through it given I 100%'d the Wii version.

Last of all, I was finally able to redeem this year's and final Club Nintendo elite reward. The game selection was pretty much crap and didn't have anything I wanted but didn't already have *cough*Pikmin3*cough* so I went with the WiiU VC version of SMB:The Lost Levels since I'd only ever played the SMAll-Stars version.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 7:15 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I've been continuing my quest to beat Lunar: SSSC and I've just met the Magic Emperor Ghaleon. Oh boy!

And I played and beat the main story mode of Mortal Kombat X. It is overall good. I liked the Kombat Kids for the most part, but I wished there was more details in it for them.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 9:40 am 

Level 162

Ixzion wrote:
I've been continuing my quest to beat Lunar: SSSC and I've just met the Magic Emperor Ghaleon.

'course that only would have been a shocking spoiler nearly 20 years ago when the game first came out.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2015, 9:34 am 

Level 162

Made better progress than expected over the past week since I was sick and bedridden for two days but still able to function enough to play my PS3. As such I managed to finish and platinum Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory but am also now taking a break from console gaming for a few days to catch up on some personal projects before starting my next gaming goal game.

Handheld progress has been steady as I've reached Chapter 7 of Hyperdevotion Noire, downloaded the latest Streetpass Mii Plaza games along with Iron Combat: War in the Air from the 3DS eShop.

And, for back-up purposes, I bought copies of the Zelda Oracle games and Shantae from the eShop even though I don't know if and when I'll be replaying them.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2015, 8:37 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
I am on episode 2's stage 10. So far I have managed to get all three jewels and the challenges done. So far I've only neglected the 8 bit toads for now. I'll go back to that later.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2015, 9:23 am 

Level 162

Every gaming moment of this past week was devoted to Hyperdevotion Noire as I not only beat it with both the Good and True endings, but also the Platinum trophy (my 40th). With that done I'm catching up on unfinished bonus puzzles from Streetpasses for Crosswords Plus before deciding on what to focus on next for on-the-go gaming. As such, I'm collecting opinions on what that title should be:

Vote Here

Going to get back into console gaming with Shadow Complex on XBLA starting tonight or tomorrow after Omega Quintet arrives and I give it a quick test play.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 9:27 am 

Level 162

Been a full week of both obtaining and beating several titles:

Along with Omega Quintet on Monday, I bought and downloaded 3D Ecco the Dolphin, Mega Man Xtreme 2, and Shanghai Mahjong on the 3DS eShop. On Tuesday I bought and downloaded Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim off Steam, while on Friday I was gifted both episodes of Chronicles of a Dark Lord on Steam from their creators, Kisareth Studios (kisareth.com) after they and I finished sorting out everything regarding Mystic Quest Remastered HD being cancelled.

Throughout the weak I managed to complete 3D Ecco the Dolphin and Shanghai Mahjong ($8 for 5 layouts, not worth it), along with Shadow Complex during the weekend as part of this year's gaming goal, as well as beating Tetris Ultimate's Marathon mode and the first of three story modes on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Have also been playing through Persona Q as that remains my on-the-go focus. Once I finish all of the stories on P4AU I'll be doing one more run of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory to prepare for a race through it and moving on to Zelda: Skyward Sword from there. I don't know if I'll stick directly to Persona Q until I beat it or take a break from it once this month's handheld releases start coming out, the first on the 19th.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 9:28 am 

Level 162

Progress throughout the work week was minimal as I focused mostly on Persona Q, reaching the 3rd labyrinth but also taking time to enjoy the "destined partner" scenario of the 2nd labyrinth several times while grinding for money. Both fun and hilarious.

Throughout the week I also bought and downloaded The Misadventures of Tron Bonne and Sayonara UmiharaKawase +, the former being the PS1 classic finally released on PSN and the latter a digital Vita title recommended by a friend.

Then came the Saturday eShop shopping spree:
Purchased and beat The Legend of Dark Witch: A platformer sharing elements of Mega Man and Gradius.
Purchased and beat Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX, an updated release of a WiiWare title that has more content but is overall harder than the original.
Purchased and 100%ed Balloon Pop Remix, a very fun puzzle game whose only major flaw is lack of a multi-player mode.
Also downloaded Mario's Picross on Virtual Console for backup purposes and made a good chunk of progress on it.
Also got into Sayonara UmiharaKawase + and cleared 3 of its 5 ending paths.

All the while, I should have made progress in preparing the Neptunia Victory race file, but I needed to get out of the house during the weekend and kept constantly being interrupted when I was home trying to prep the file.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 6:29 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Recently beat The Evil Within - now the first game that I have originally ever beaten on Steam - a few days ago.

Cannot really continue with Mortal Kombat X since I never get to play long enough to practice well for 2-player matches with Lantis because the game crashes all the time. So that's going to the back burner for now.

Began playing Final Fantasy VI on my actual physical SNES copy, so technically I am playing it as how it was first known to us, Final Fantasy III. Just got through the first critical plot point in the game where you've just defended the Esper in Narshe against an attack from Kefka and about 80 Empire soldiers. Somehow all with just seven level 12 and 13 party members. And Terra freaks out and flies halfway across the world as a bare-bodied glowy pink troll doll.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 8:07 pm 

Level 162

SarahsKnight wrote:
Just got through the first critical plot point in the game where you've just defended the Esper in Narshe against an attack from Kefka and about 80 Empire soldiers. Somehow all with just seven level 12 and 13 party members.

I'm reminded of a riff from the MST3K episode "Red Zone Cuba" whenever that part arrives:

"There's 80,000 of them and 7 of us!"

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 9:36 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

I think I actually remember that line. I wonder if there was actually a form of riff reviewing even before MST3K, though.

That part with the multi-party battle in the ice hills seemed harder to me than I ever remembered, and I played the game many a time as a teen. And now it shouldn't be surprising that I found it hard to survive (just barely thanks to Celes' Runic Blade against Kefka's magic, actually, of all things, and the fact that she and Terra can cure through magic). I mean, looking at it even through a game lens where you almost always have to suspend a measure of disbelief, those soldiers were very strong in comparison to any of the ones you encountered in the game before, even stronger than the basic Magitek Armor enemies in terms of attack power and HP rating, and there had to have been around eighty of them total, with a few gigantic bulldogs who can cause as much as 100 HP of damage with a pretty frequent special attack, AND a Heavy Armor, AND Kefka waiting at the end of it all after you're softened up and out of Potions and Tonics assuming you forgot that this event happens with no opportunity for shopping in preparation just before the minute your post-separation third group's scenario ends (like I did), and that dude can fell fully-healed weaker characters in just one magic attack. I hate to say it but, for once, I've really come to appreciate Celes' Runic Blade in such a time. Either I'm somehow rusty in spite of being a veteran back in the day as much as any other classic Final Fantasy fan would be, or I have been underleveled in comparison to previous playthroughs. But ... well, leave it to me to over-analyze battle strategies and relative strength levels in RPG's all of the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 105  Next