Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 7:30 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 9:58 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

This past week was a bit of a blur courtesy of how busy work was so most gaming was done on Theatrhythm Curtain Call during the commute, but did make great progress on that to unlock every character and clear every song on Ultimate difficulty. After beating the AI Vs. Mode there isn't much left other than getting everyone's in-game Collector Cards. Either way, I'm at a good point to focus on something else for a while.

Obtained 3 new releases last week but didn't have time to try them out until yesterday- as I spent most of the weekend editing the Super Metroid race.
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! - A nice expansion of the original game, but what it sorely lacks is carrying save data over from the original too.
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star - Spiritual Successor to the Ar tonelico trilogy. Very nice start, especially the music.
Hyrule Warriors - This game is... FRIGGIN' AWESOME! I got hooked right away and spent about 5 hours on it last night just having fun and smashing monsters with the current characters. This game is doing for me what Dynasty Warriors 8 couldn't.

Picking up three more releases this week and, admittedly, I'm taking Friday off of work just to pick up Smash Bros. 3DS right when Gamestop opens (if they don't do a midnight release). The other two will be out tomorrow.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 11:14 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I had been playing Hyrule Warriors since release and i am enjoying it so much. It's no substitute for the mainline Zelda games, but it certainly holds its own as its own spinoff. You will definitely have favorite characters and a lot of the fighters are interesting in their styles. Definitely a good hack & slash/beat 'em up. I would really recommend this game to anyone that just loves beating up a bunch of moblins and stalfos. Playing co-op is also fun strategically.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2014, 7:37 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

I have been playing Hyrule Warriors too.
It ended up being more addictive than I thought! I was hoping to to reel my bro in for some co-op fun (and easier skulltula hunting and reward unlocking) but I apparently convinced him to play Pirate Warriors instead.

I finally unlocked all the characters, but I need to find them better weapons if I want to jump in Adventure Mode as them. Usually Link is my "Oh screw rewards, let's just get challenge over" character.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 12:11 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

My computer mouse is on the fritz, so I ordered a new one. While I was at it, I hunted for a cheap game, and decided to get Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose. It's a very nice-looking game with some challenging platforming, and I enjoyed it. I've already beaten all three difficulty levels.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: September 30th, 2014, 1:00 pm 

Level 162

Great choice. It is arguably the best Tiny Toons platformer ever made. It, along with the SNES and Genesis sports games are the main runners for the best Tiny Toons-based game period.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 9:59 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I just finished Super Metroid 100% without using a guide. This took 20 years to do. I'm happy. Picture!

The last Super Missile pack was something I'd gotten before on previous playthroughs, but kept forgetting to look for. It was driving me banana! So I finally cleared it! Woot!

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 10:03 pm 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

That's impressive. Be proud.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 10:45 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Do it in Mario 64, you b*tch! :)

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 9:39 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

And now there will be an empty void in your life, as you now have to find something else to do.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 10:27 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Yep, Dray is right. There is now an empty void in my life. I've spent 20 years trying to clear this game 100% and now that I have, I feel empty. :(

But no-guide clear is my jam! So happy sads!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 11:32 am 

Level 162

Congrats, Ix! Though which Super Missile pack was it?

And I do know how you feel. It took nearly 15 years to beat the SNES Sim City 100%.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 10:09 am 

Level 162

Hyrule Warriors and Theatrhythm Curtain Call were my entire week. The weekend saw the addition of Smash Bros 3DS.

I beat Legend Mode on Hyrule Warriors and am a little more than halfway through the maps on Adventure Mode.

Curtain Call came with the accomplishment of Perfect Chaining all 227 non-DLC songs on Ultimate difficulty.

Smash 3DS saw unlocking all of the characters/stages, completing the first two Challenge panels and the 3rd about halfway done.

For all three, there is still a TON to do.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 4:40 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

GunarmDyne wrote:
Congrats, Ix! Though which Super Missile pack was it?

And I do know how you feel. It took nearly 15 years to beat the SNES Sim City 100%.

The only one in Crateria. I kept seeing it, but it slipped my mind.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2014, 11:50 am 

Level 162

Another week of pretty much nothing but Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call and Smash Bros 3DS.

Since Adventure Mode of Hyrule Warriors is patterned after the original Zelda game, I can consider that "Beaten" as I cleared Level 9, but there are still some unbeaten areas and several hidden items I'm missing so progress will continue. Not to mention the Gold Skulltula tokens and other items back in Legend Mode too.

Hit one of the tougher milestones in Curtain Call by completing getting a Perfect Chain on every song on Ultimate Difficulty, a task made much easier on most songs thanks to Button controls, though some of them also saw the fallback of my 3DS's circle pad beginning to stick when moving it left. A little vegetable oil spread underneath the pad has worked to offset that a bit.

Progress on Smash 3DS has been steady thanks to clearing the first two Challenge Panels, beating Classic on 9.0 (Mega Man FTW!) and All-Star on Hard (Ike FTW!), and working on the 3rd. All that's basically left is to clear each mode with every character and get the remaining 250 trophies or so along with the remaining custom parts (Smash Run and Classic will help with those far more than All Star, so I'm getting it out of the way first).

And my Vita will finally see a little attention again for the first time in a while thanks to the release of Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus tomorrow.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 11:49 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

I finished Little Samson for NES again....on normal mode. No matter how many times I play it....it´s still a little bit difficult. I must be perfect on it.

Friend: Hey Flo....what up?
Me: This name has no meaning for me. My name is Samson and in future I will end wars....by throwing bells
Friend: Are you drunk? :skeptical

And btw: Its dumb if you live in europe if you want to play Super Mario RPG. Was a gift from a friend. Now I must mod my Pal-console or buying a Ntsc-Snes. O_o

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 9:49 am 

Level 162

Pretty much the same as last week.

Been more focused on Smash Bros as I've now cleared every mode with every character and just have the rest of the trophies, custom special moves, Mii outfits and challenge panels to finish for 100%.

Theatrhyhtm has mostly been focused on clearing each Daily Special per day while working on getting all 69+DLC characters to level 99 and clearing each set of DLC songs per week.

Hyrule Warriors progress has also been steady as I've not obtained every Hard Gold Skulltulla in Legend Mode and still have a ton left to do in Adventure Mode, even more with the MAster Quest DLC pack out now. Still have yet to even play as Agitha, Zant, Girahim and Volga at this point.

The latest acquisition has been Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus on Vita and, like the 3DS game, the gameplay is fun when the fan service isn't getting in the way. Honestly not sure when I plan to play through it though.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2014, 8:38 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Ah! Work! offline stuff! Too busy! :cry

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: I have been sneaking in a lot of Smash time. I managed to do Classic, All Star, 10 man smash, Target Blast and Home Run Contest with every freaking character for the challenges. Almost everything else Stadium related, I used a hammer. (Suck it Rival Smash, Endless Smash and 100-Man Smash) I also managed to clear Classic on the highest difficulty. What makes this challenge hard is that you only get 2 stocks (good part? it's 2 per stage) and losing will automatically lower the difficulty, so you need to clear it in one go.
Fortunately DeDeDe's Gordo throw get stucked in last boss hitting it like 3 times.
All I'm missing now is beating All Stars on Hard (waiting to try it coop with my bro), getting all Smash Run moves, getting all custom parts, clocking 50 hours in Smash mode and getting 1K KOs in Smash mode. 5 challenges away! :D

Hyrule Warriors: I haven't been able to play it in a while and it's killing me! Poor Volga is still level 1 since I didn't even touched him in the new Legend mode missions. Hopefully I'll get my HW fix the next few days.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2014, 7:45 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Nobody's Coregent

Level 57

Playing BL: Pre Sequel, found this updated Shift code wiki with all the codes and whether or not they are expired for each platform: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_Pre-Sequel:_Shift_Codes

Thutmose's Workshop: Making Things for RPG Maker
Kupid RPG Maker Keyboard: Live Stream

PostPosted: October 27th, 2014, 10:11 am 

Level 162

Progress!

Just this morning, on the way to work, I finished Smash Bros. 3DS by getting the final Smash Run power! I also got super lucky as I only picked up 3 on that Run when I usually get 5-6 and the one I needed was the last one I picked up in that Run. With all of the challenges/custom special moves/Smash Run powers done, I can simply enjoy playing the game now.

Theatrhythm Curtain Call has still been on the back burner, making slow and steady progress with playing the Daily Specials and working to level all characters to 99. But with Smash done this may come back to the foreground.

I didn't play much of Hyrule Warriors this week, but did do enough to get all of the Heart Pieces/Containers found in Legend Mode, allowing my focus to shift to the rest of Adventure Mode. I may take a longer break from that to finish getting the Platinum trophy for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2.

New acquisitions this week: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (which snuck up on me) and Bayonetta 2 (including the original). Both of which had openings/prologues that got my attention but I'm not 100% sure when I'll get to them. Definitely need to play through Bayo 1's story before diving too deep into 2. Those are also the last new releases I plan on getting until the 11th of November, so there may be time to catch up on other titles!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 3:54 pm 

Level 162

It's been a light week for gaming, mostly working on Theatrhythm: Curtain Call trophies with a few console games thrown in here or there.

The biggest moment came just last night after I spent yesterday afternoon marathoning the WiiU port of the first Bayonetta to understand the story before diving into the sequel.

I have this week off and hope to play through the first Magna Carta game on PS2 as part of my gaming goal list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 105  Next