Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 11:16 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: March 1st, 2013, 12:34 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I have officially fallen in love with the Phoenix Wright series. I'm on my second playthrough and the Turnabout Goodbyes case in AA exemplifies all of the things I love about this game. The music, the characters, the popular objections, and those tense moments where you've got your witness on the ropes and they attempt to twist their testimonies but in the end breakdown because of one prevailing piece of evidence.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 11:28 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Decided to try a different way of reporting my gaming progress. Takes a bit of time to put together, but if I get enough positive response, I'll continue to do updates this way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsoe5mY98o

Short version: I'm playing Final Fantasy 9. I'm only at the first save point, because Myoky told me the secret to winning Tetra Master.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 1:24 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I played and beat The Walking Dead series over this weekend. This was a great purchase.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 4:21 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Ixzion wrote:
I played and beat The Walking Dead series over this weekend. This was a great purchase.

What were your thoughts on the ending? Emotion-wise.

I played a decent chunk of NSMBiU and it's a blast, I haven't had this much fun with a Mario game in a looong time. Sparkling Waters is a beautiful world and what I love most about the game is that...it's challenging! Man, an HD Mario game can be a glorious thing and this proves it.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2013, 8:10 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

The ending did not make me cry, fyi. But I was kinda bummed out.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2013, 5:06 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Just finished Ace Attorney , the last case was a long one but trumped over every other case in the game. I'm excited to play the second game. This was not my first play through of AA, I finished it a year ago so my revisit left me with few surprises and I already knew how to complete most of the cases. Amazing game.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2013, 10:44 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Complications

Level 39

Mass Effect 3

Just got through the Cerberus attack on the Citadel.

Also going through the last dlc on Borderlands and finishing it up, dispersed with sporadic MGS: Peace Walker play.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2013, 11:35 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Currently playing PW: Trials and Tribulations on the VC. One feature I thought was pretty cool was that with a shake of the Wiimote, you can perform an objection. :lol

Also like the concept of Psyche-Locks and presenting profiles. Good additions, making this sequel fresh.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2013, 11:10 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Good stuff! As in demo-mania, namely- 3DS demo-mania for me.

I tried Harmo Knight. Game is mad fun, and is a perfect rhythm game. I expected a carbon clone of Bit Trip Runner, but it is so much more. The boss in the demo felt like an intense Gitaroo Man-style battle of rhythm. I wanted to say jazz and wits to make the Home Movies joke, but no seriously- this is one of those must-buy titles on the eShop when it comes out March 28th, I believe.

A definite standout right now on the demo list in the eShop is the Naruto Powerful Shippuden game. It's great 2D-mission-based fun. It also plays a ton like an omake(parody) type deal. It is supposed to go through the first couple arcs of the Shippuden stuff, which seems perfect to me since that's when I stopped watching the show really. It is a ton of fun though with the side-battling, humor, and combat feels great. Definitely planning on getting it.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 8:50 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Cool to see the 3DS eShop getting interesting new content, Fay; especially with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Good stuff indeed. I'm surprised that a Naruto game turned out to be good lol, I don't have much confidence in those sorta games, I had Naruto Ultimate Ninja but it was kinda meh.

I've been playing Fire Emblem on GBA and it's well made. I like the weapon triangle and having units trade stuff. Also, for anyone that lives fighting games, check out Taekwon Do on SNES. Japan only but man it's an obscure gem. It's more technical than Street Fighter II and a lot more realistic. Heck it's more intense. Wish it was localized.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2013, 10:31 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I recently picked up Mass Effect Trilogy for PC. I'm really enjoying it. Currently, I am 20 hours into the first game. Looks much better on PC than on XBox. So does Need For Speed Most Wanted, which I received for free as an apology from EA for messing up SimCity. NFS:MW's graphics really impressed me. Smooth edges, great draw distances, real reflections on rainy streets, and my headlights cause objects and cars cast dynamic shadows in real time. I'm thinking I might be a PC gamer for this next generation we are now entering. Time will tell.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2013, 7:57 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

After a while not touching my PS3, I decided to get Ni No Kuni. I am enjoying it so far. :D
I haven't played a JRPG in a long time, and I like the old school feeling. Fortunately, my obsession to complete every side quest makes me be less focused on grinding.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2013, 11:22 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Monster Hunter has been slowly eating up my time. But I'm having too much fun. It's addicting, and each encounter with a large beast is like an epic boss fight. Especially when you're online with three other people, it's a solid game to get into if you want to spend more time using your WiiU, or if you need something to hold you over until big first-party Nintendo games come out. With that said, this is NOT a game for EVERYONE. Definitely a lot of content here, but I imagine some people might not like the gameplay.

Quest. Hunt. Forge new weapons and armor. Seeing your character go from a leather-wearing rookie to a badass equipped with DRAGON ARMOR or something ridiculous like that is worth the work.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2013, 4:22 pm 

Level 50

Glad to see so much gaming going on.

AWWW YIS!

So happy. I have huge hands, so it will be so much nicer to work on my 3DS backlog now.

As for progress- I have been playing around with my Warlock on WoW, and also randomly playing Yoshi's Story for funsies. And as of right now, I have been consuming all the Monster Hunter I can before jumping in from how high a bar the community has. I've been checking out "My Fair Hunter", which is a site that had a beginner's guide and also an active Youtube video/podcast of sorts. It has been so nice to get some of the basics nailed out, and it feels much less intimidating. Like.. what to take on a mission for example. You can only carry so many potions, so you bring 10 of regular potions and honey to make good ones if needed during the mission- I get that since basically I carried a limited amount of Mono, Di, and Trimates in PSO.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2013, 11:55 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening (thanks Fay!) on my brand-new red/black Nintendo 3DS XL and I've only played about 4 stages, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite Fire Emblem games. Might even be the best one out there now, which is saying a lot, since I wasn't hot for the art style.

I also like your Pikachu 3DS. I was thinking about it, but my Target didn't have it, so WHATEVs! I am really enjoying the 3DS so far. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm diggin' it.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm 

Level 50

Nice!

I have so much to play on this 3DS. Still working on Zelda and beating everything in Mario Kart 7. I'm also playing Super Mario 64 DS since the analog stick is so much better for it, and I've wanted to for a while. Luigi's Mansion comes today and I'm just kinda whoaaaa at my backlog, but I guess it's better to have one than to not have one. The 3DS just has so many games.

I also didn't quite play it, but I watched a friend who came over last night and stayed cause of bad weather play Bioshock Infinite... and I gotta say I kinda really want it now. It is so interesting and cool. I think it definitely has some great attributes, and I certainly see why it's going to garner SO much drama from Fox News, haha.

I couldn't stop thinking about Infinite, so I ended up getting it anyways. I probably shouldn't have, but it just slipped past my radar anyways. I really wanna see what happens next!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2013, 6:08 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Just gonna mention for those curious about me and Fay's progress through Earthbound that I made it to this "happy-happy" town. For being so happy, it's rather blue.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 31st, 2013, 2:39 am 

Level 50

Yay Earthbound! It's fun watching the game progress in larger bits.

I've been playing a bunch of Terraria on XBLA. Though there are a few bugs, the console controls are solid! I like the smart mining thing. I wish the PC version had it. I had been playing in a world, but I'm moving my stuff slowly but surely to a newer one since Lantis found out you CAN get Snow Biomes currently in the XBLA version, and it's a random chance. I though winter had passed so they'd stop spawning- but they hadn't yet. It was a good time tonight playing with Lantis and Duel as well. Jungle spelunking!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2013, 3:37 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Oh yeah it was a blast, the hookshot is soooo useful. And the armor you gave me is holding up well, I found a good amount of gold ore so soon I'm gonna be blinging it up with gold armor. I'm making good progress with my world, no man eaters yet or snow biomes though.

Also to whoever put that droolpro sign, I'm after you.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2013, 11:38 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Despite having Bioshock Infinite, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Tomb Raider all here and ready to get into, I can't stop playing Xbox Terraria instead. I've already beat Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, and Skeletron. I'm currently grabbing stuff in the dungeon before I move onto the underworld to prep for the Wall of Flesh.

The wife is currently playing Bioshock, and I'm saving Awakening for an out of town week long training session for work.... or at least, that's my excuse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 105  Next