Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 9:38 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 1:04 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I'm playing Ace Attorney for the second time and so far it's still great. I also downloaded Justice For All from the Wii Shop so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Hopefully I can get through every PW game before the newest one releases.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 1:08 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Instead of being disappointed by Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry, I decided to get DMC4 on xbox. I originally played it on PS3, but with all the DMC HD Collections cheevos under the belt, it would be fun to try and do the same for 4. Though it will be MUCH more difficult than the collection. I'll eventually get Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry, but it'll be at a later date.

Also, I've been playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I haven't had this kind of wonderment over an RPG since like the 90's. I can't express how much RPG fans NEED to play this game.

I've been neglecting Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2, but I hope to get back on that soon enough.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 8:13 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Beat original Mario RPG. Completely obliterated Smithy. Was a good feeling. Not sure what I'll play, next. My choices are Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, or Ratchet & Clank 1. I'm slightly afraid of the third, on account I'd be recording for my longplay channel, and since R&C is still relevant, it might get smacked by copywrite on Youtube. Meanwhile, the other two, I've never beaten.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 10:21 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

After watching SK finish Mother 3, I reeeeaally want to play it now. Its so bizarre and the writing is hilarious. Um, I might play it before Earthbound. Mother I'm just gonna ignore.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2013, 8:20 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I have nearly completed the core game of Skyrim. Soon I will tackle the DLC.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 1:55 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Nice, Insult! I still need to get around to playing it.

I started my playthrough of Mother 3 today. I'm near the end of Chapter 1 and the game so far is pretty damn good. Great soundtrack for a GBA game. The wackyness isn't really that bizarre I discovered. It's quirky. However, that tall clucking dude with the hate is creepypasta fuel.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 4:58 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

YOU BEST WATCH OUT THIS RACE. Well, maybe not. I suck at Reznor's castle, and I didn't even encounter it before since I beat the one level so fast. But seriously, I may even get to the last world by the time someone finishes! I aim to entertain.

I also started Ni No Kuni. It's pretty good so far! I just beat the first boss.:) It is exactly like playing a Miyazaki movie.

Duel, you know what I found creepy?

There's fuggin zombies right outside the town at night, and no one seems to care! At least in Earthbound people legit cared.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 5:15 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

For the longest time, Reznor gave me the hardest time out of all the bosses. I heard people call Reznor "easy". What? You're standing on a skinny moving platform over a lake of lava, while trying to hit a skinny platform above you, and jump between those skinny platforms, all while those things are spitting Mario-sized fireballs at you!

Anyway, random gaming progress. Playing "Ratchet & Clank". Have made good progress so far. I've made it to the Blarg's home planet. It's been a long time since I've played the game, but I seem to recall really hating that place. I'm about to find out why.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 12:24 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Fayorei wrote:
YOU BEST WATCH OUT THIS RACE. Well, maybe not. I suck at Reznor's castle, and I didn't even encounter it before since I beat the one level so fast. But seriously, I may even get to the last world by the time someone finishes! I aim to entertain.

I also started Ni No Kuni. It's pretty good so far! I just beat the first boss.:) It is exactly like playing a Miyazaki movie.

Duel, you know what I found creepy?

There's fuggin zombies right outside the town at night, and no one seems to care! At least in Earthbound people legit cared.

What the hell? The fact that no one cares makes it all the more creepier. Cool to hear that Ni No Kuni is getting such positive reviews. It looks gorgeous and you know, it reminds me of classic JRPGS. I want to get it but I'm busy trying to make progress in various Zeldas. Soon!

Also, the walking trees in Mother 3 scare the f*ck out of me. Er, that rhymed!

And finally, cool to hear your playing Ratchet and Clank, Dray. Although I'm sure the game is somewhat dated. Is there a lock on and strafe system? I can't remember.

I've been playing Phoenix Wright, SO GOOD

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 10:25 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I've been juggling Phoenix Wright, The Cave, and WoW during my vidya sessions. It'll be an even more innteresting experience when I throw Ni No Kuni in the mix.

And I still need to play Zelda and Mother 3!

Too many games! How do you guys handle your backlogs?

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 11:19 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Duel wrote:
And finally, cool to hear your playing Ratchet and Clank, Dray. Although I'm sure the game is somewhat dated. Is there a lock on and strafe system? I can't remember.

Nah, the strafe system wasn't added in until Ratchet 2. There is a lock-on if you're facing in the general direction of an enemy, but it's finicky at times.

PostPosted: February 5th, 2013, 6:58 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I just finished Chapter 1 of Mother 3. Wow, for such a goofy game it has some really sad moments. I love that though, this game just has so many great little details that make the game enjoyable. For example, I love how the peculiar cheese will randomly heal people. The music still impresses. This is just in chapter 1!

PostPosted: February 24th, 2013, 11:48 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I got the Wii setup. Here are my codes, just for the hell of it.

Friend Code: 5468 9011 9109 3995

Brawl Code: 5027-4147-5828

PostPosted: February 25th, 2013, 4:21 am 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

I'm a little over halfway through Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals. Until now, I had long forgotten what a hopeless moron Dekar is and how much of a sissy Gades prove sin battle for someone who's out to take over the world.

It was funny. I had completely forgotten this one dungeon where the purpose is to save some maidens who were called by a magical flute song to the tower to be sacrificed for the Sinistrals' return or something, and Dekar - poor lonely Dekar - thought this would be a great chance to land himself a girlfriend at last by rescuing them. He does by using his strength to break through the trap a servant of the Sinistrals had the maidens imprisoned in, but then every one of the maidens after thanking him is taken away by a worried boyfriend who also came into the dungeon looking for them. One little girl who looks about ten years old is left and promises to be Dekar's bride, and I guess if he waits eight more years then he's all set, but even then a boy comes in looking for the little girl and it suddenly occurs to her that even she is already promised to be married to someone else. .... Now it doesn't get any lower than THAT.

I can't ever turn on the Super NES without listening to the opening theme to this game. It's like a little touch of magic every time to my ears.

Also, lantis had me start playing Terranigma. It's pretty cool so far. It may be too early to judge, but I recommend this game already over Illusion of Gaia. (I think Lantis said Terranigma is part of the same "series" as Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer.)

Lantis, after seeing that guy's review, you and I need to purchase ourselves a copy of Klonoa.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2013, 9:48 am 

Level 50

Dekar's love is his sword! And is amazing.

Anyways, I started up a project to start to work through my backlog, since I just made a new Backloggery. 3DS games!
I have a ton of 360 games to document again, but I figure I'll start here instead to avoid having to do that quite yet.

http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=S ... onsole=3DS

I'm starting off with OoT on the 3DS, since I have a Zelda-themed 3DS after all. I think I left off at the Water Temple. Good stuff.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2013, 12:42 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I've been playing Ocarina of Time (N64 and 3DS), Tales of the Abyss 3DS (also long playing for PS2), Pokemon Black 2, and Halo 4. I'm also going to be LPing Majora's Mask sometime soon, so be ready for that as well.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2013, 2:58 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Cool to hear, Fox and Fay! I'm going to try to order my 3DS fairly soon. One of the biggest reasons is for CLUCKING PHOENIX WRIGHT 5! I'VE SEEN THIS TRAILER SO MANY TIMES!

Quote:

My Super Game Boy arrived today. gonna be fun playing my game boy games without having to tilt the gameboy under a lightbulb.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 1:34 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I finished Dead Space 3. Played it once through with Ix, and then alone in survival mode. I'm KIND OF playing it with SK, but sessions are few and far between.

Still playing Ni No Kuni. It's turned out to be REALLY grindy, which has really turned me off. Good story and looks amazing, but the grind, man.

I also dug a little more into Paper Mario: Sticker Star. And it's the exact opposite of grindy. In fact, you are better off avoiding all fights entirely. You get no experience, just money. And it's best to stave your good stickers. I did run across something that really bugged me though. You have the option to spend money in battle to play the slots. If you match two items, you can have two attacks in one turn. And three turns if you match all three. Seeing how it was optional, I've been ignoring it. Until I came to a boss fight where you absolutely could not damage the boss unless you could attack twice. So you had to spend money on the slots, and you had to get at least a two match to even damage the boss. If you missed, you had to waste a sticker to pass your turn. There's no defend. I tried running so I wouldn't have to waste my turn but it freaking worked. And it just reset the boss' HP. -_- I hate slots...

And I finally started playing DMC: DMC... wish me luck.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 2:12 pm 

Level 50

I wish you the best of luck!

I got my girlfriend Sticker Star as a super late Valentine's gift. She got me some stuff from Barnes and Noble as a surprise, and I was intending to spend my gift card from the contest on her anyways. I hope she will enjoy it- I'm secretly using this as a method to get her back into completing RPGs and whatnot. I also will try it out after she beats it.

I got Etrian Odyssey in the mail(had it pre-ordered for a long, long time) and the first-person-ness can be a little disorienting. It's basically exploring corridors, except on a space-by-space-1st-person basis. I also finally tried out the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo on the 3DS eShop. Suffice to say, this PSO player got her butt whooped. I went in there with PSO tactics, I came out missing limbs, man. Needless to say- this is up to the challenge of Monster Hunter games. I pre-ordered the Wii U version since it has online, and it is worth mentioning that regardless, Amazon is giving $20 credits on pre-ordering either version of the game. So that's not a bad deal at all. I highly recommend if you have a game you want coming out without a decent unique Gamestop pre-order, just using Amazon. You will more than likely be able to buy a game on gift credit if you get like 3-4 games a year or so. And there's also the fact that a lot of the time... about two weeks after the launch of any 360 or PS3 game that $60 games go down to $40 either permanently or for a weekend. I wish this happened more when I was in college.:P

As for right now, I've actually got some WoW time in and I'm having a blast on my Brewmaster(Tank) Monk. She was level 27 last night, and with the daily 1-hour leveling buff, and my heirloom gear- she got to level 27-39 in one night. I love how they realized that they should make it worth your while to level a Monk at this point in the game. Also, there's dumping alcohol all over enemies and then getting a buffed Breath of Fire onto them.;)

PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 2:22 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

Lately, I've been playing between FFVIII on my Vita, WWE '13, and Skyrim. This time around I'm really dragging my heels in FFVIII. 30 hours in and I just escaped the prison on disk 2. I'm primarily just goofing around, grinding, and playing the card game. When I get tired of doing that those other two games come into play. I haven't played Skyrim since June because of an annoying glitch that froze the game every time I touched the water. I finally went back to the game and fixed that problem. Oddly enough I haven't had any sort of freezing since... not that I'm complaining. OF course the game still has mammoths floating in mid air, but I haven't had a game freezing glitch yet. That is great! I think I'll try to 100% the game which is something I hardly do. With the exceptions of the DLCs because I recently lost my job and have no money. I did get Hearthfire for 2.50, though. By the time I start making money again those bigger DLCs will all be 20 bucks and the max I pay for a DLC is 10. So I guess I'll wait for an ultimate edition to come out and ask for it on my birthday.

Oh to the magonians with a PS3, my PSN ID is in my signature. Feel free to add me. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 105  Next