Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 3:31 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 3:22 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Angel of Light

Level 0

never know draygone. Stranger things have happened. You might make history

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 4:37 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

Lantis wrote:
I completely understand. And actually, I really appreciate that you care enough about the quality of your footage to step down like this. It means a lot more to me than just doing it anyways and giving some messed up footage to have to try to fix. But yeah, stick around. We'll get you in sometime.

GoldGlee? I you're up, buddy.

If we're going to record on the weekend of August 17th, I'll fill you in on this: On the 18th, I'll be available most of the evening (Eastern Time) to record. On the 19th, I'll be available during most of the day. Keep me posted.

Once I get my set-up good to go, and do a test run. I should pretty much be ready to race! Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 4:46 pm 
Angel of Light

Level 0

i think they are recording the whole thing in one day GoldGlee. They do 30-35 minute recordings, then stop, and start another round till the game is over. I think that is how it will go, but i am sure they will explain it all to ya.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 4:48 pm 
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

Hope so. If they do, that gives me a chance to plan.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 8:19 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

It's a one day thing, unless it somehow turns over into the next day, but it hasn't yet. We shoot in 30 minute intervals until the someone wins. Once someone wins, they keep playing to see how far the runner ups can go.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 11:20 pm 
Angel of Light

Level 0

well i'm came close. I got the rules down so far lol. But as they say, close don't cut it in horseshoes and hand grenades lol. Anyway, looking forward to episode 1 of DKC 3 let's race. Going to awesome when i watch it

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I hope the Asus store comes back up eventually.:P Though, I did get a discount coupon for enquiring about the maintenance. I've been... *gulp* PRODUCTIVE recently. This can't last!

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 1:58 am 
King of Heroes

Level 53

If we can make this on the 17th, I'd be happy. My mom's birthday is coming up a couple of days after that weekend, so I am gonna go to the parents' house at least on saturday and part of Sunday. Well, Friday night or Sunday night, either one. But if Saturday is a better pick for everyone else, then that's fine.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 7:43 am 
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

If we do the 17th, I'll be available after 8pm (Eastern Time), That weekend I have more availability on the 19th. I'll be available from 12-5pm (Eastern Time)

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 9:56 pm 

Level 50

I got most stuff to work on my Mac, but I get annoying black borders from my ZSNES recording when trying to get the whole thing into iMovie. Meh, I'll probably sit it out unless I can get my adapter replacement by then.:P See, good thing you have more folks.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 10:53 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

If you get iShowU to work, then you'll be in good shape. You'd only have to convert from .mov to .mp4, which is pretty easy. I have an app called ffmpeg and it converts to a variety of file types. It'll probably make the colors a bit darker, but you'll have a functional video that looks almost as good as the raw file. Talk to me about it and I can show you all the settings you'd want.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2012, 6:16 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Fayorei wrote:
but I get annoying black borders from my ZSNES recording when trying to get the whole thing into iMovie.

That might be because you have zSNES in the SNES's native resolution, which is more square-like than the traditional 4:3 ratio that most video editors default to. You need to find an option in your video editor to set the aspect ratio to something custom.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: August 12th, 2012, 5:37 pm 

Level 50

Draygone wrote:
Fayorei wrote:
but I get annoying black borders from my ZSNES recording when trying to get the whole thing into iMovie.

That might be because you have zSNES in the SNES's native resolution, which is more square-like than the traditional 4:3 ratio that most video editors default to. You need to find an option in your video editor to set the aspect ratio to something custom.

Macs "just work". By that I mean, you can't set iMovie to custom resolutions. It's the equivalent of Windows movie maker, but with more yet less editing features. Like the one where you could actually control video size. "Do you want it for widescreen, iphone(lol wut), or 4:3?" Trust me, I know my way around Vegas, it has a lovely super custom video-size feature. There's FC on Macs- but it costs beaucoup bucks, and it's something I've never used.:P

Syn helped me out with iShowU, but basically the quality of my voice jumps around like a jumping bean.:P It may be my headset though. Though, not being able to edit audio at all frightens me slightly. One desync and done, since iMovie is stupid like that(well, okay- not stupid- it tried to fit the best it could for in-package-ware). But yeah. Just still hoping Asus comes back up tomorrow or very soon. I'll be over-nighting a new AC adapter as soon as their store comes back up.:) I prefer to especially do an LR on a setup that's tried and tested. I won't die if the DKC3 race doesn't pan out. There will be more.:P

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 5:49 am 

Level 50

Worth a non-edited post- I GOT ISHOWU TO WORK. With no super audio dips. I think turning down the ZSNES volume helped, or I magically set some setting for non-distorted voice talk. :)

Rendering to MP4 in FFMPEG also worked. Syn is the savior of the day. Though I wonder why my voice was messing up before, I'll take it!

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 9:40 am 
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

Hey, Lantis...a few things I need to confirm before we start recording:

1) How do you want me to send you all the files? (do I e-mail it to you, or could I send it in a PM)
2) Your guidelines say "no shortcuts", which makes me wonder if either one of the following examples would be against the rules:

a) Ripsaw Rage: There is a hidden blast barrel below the "G" that would take you near the end.
b) Ropey Rumpus: Right after you get Parry, there is a hidden blast barrel which would take you to an alternate path above the main route.

Let me know, okay.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 9:43 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

How you send the files is really up to you. Some people here use Sendspace I think. Honestly, I'm not the person to be asking since I don't send any files, I just edit them.

What I meant by no shortcuts is something that lets you skip entire levels. In DKC2, there are several places where there are hidden barrels at the beginning of a level that will put you out right at the end. I want these races to be about who can get past all the platforming fastest, not find the most shortcuts.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 7:34 pm 

Level 50

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Appointment is next Friday. Buhhhh scheduling~ THOUGH RACE EXCITED YES

PostPosted: August 18th, 2012, 8:15 am 
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

Hey, Lantis. I'm currently working on editing my file, and it should be off to you within a few days. But please note: For those parts with which I end up talking while someone else is, there's nothing I can do about that. So, I apologize in advance.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

That's unavoidable, so don't worry about that. Just as long as you don't do it on purpose. =P

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: August 18th, 2012, 7:30 pm 
Don't Stop Believin'

Level 99

Good to know, Dray. By the way, while I'm here, I might as well share my original choices for what game we'll race next, along with some things we'd have to agree on. (doing this will help finalize my decision)

1) The Lion King

What difficulty would we play on: Normal, Difficult, or Easy

2) Super Mario Bros. 3

Warpless run: Skipping unneeded stages, and using Jugem's Clouds would be allowed
100% run: All stages must be done, no using Jugem's Clouds.

Either way, P-Wings would be allowed, Warp Whistles would not.

Does that seem like a good idea? Let me know.

I'll also read the video comments in case anyone else leaves game suggestions (when the final video gets uploaded).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 35  Next