Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 21st, 2024, 10:44 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 8:44 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Here's final attendee list at MagCon 2012:

Ixzion
Ixzion's Sister
Allen
Bonanza
Deeper_Kyo
Lantis
Kajak
Draygone
Sarah's Knight
TheTrueCoolness

Thank you for coming to MagCon!

Everyone, post your thoughts of this years con. Leave suggestions and comments to make next year's even better.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 10:12 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I think this year's was pretty darn awesome! It really sucked that I couldn't get there, but watching one pretty much live makes me excited to go next year. I really want to meet y'all.

My only recommendation is keeping it where it is, and definitely keeping at least a stretch of time for RPGM games. I know this is the last actual "Magcon" by moniker, but I definitely feel the RPGM panels were absolutely engaging and worth it. Also had a ton of fun watching the decathlon.:)

I'm definitely interested to view where the con branches out next year(and that will be in first person, even if I have to kill a sucka to get there).

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 12:32 am 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Quote:
even if I have to kill a sucka to get there

... I cannot allow a princess whom I protect to stain her innocent hands with blood, Fay. If it must be done, I shall commit the deed for you. *draws Northern Longblade*

But, yeah, of the two years I attended (2010 and 2012), this last one was the better of the two, even if I wasn't there for about a third of the events. We had even more fun reviewing 2012's group of RPGM games than the 2010's, too, it seems to me. Even if Legend was truly a torturous experience of ungodly hilarity. If that pizza truly cost $225, then that waitress/maid who made the offer had better come with the pizza completely naked or something, as I had later remarked off-camera.

Sorry I had to be out for the last six games of the decathlon, but to tell the truth the visit to my great aunt's house on Signal Mountain was well worth the sacrifice; her cooking means more to me than each and every last one of your lives. (Yes, that was an exaggeration, but dinner at her house is still pretty darn good.)

... Oh! And you'll never guess what I discovered at the church across the bridge from the hotel where I grew up in that Sunday morning .... BETRAYAL! The girl who had been one of my childhood pals at the time, Ginger, had gone off and married someone else in the past ten years since I'd last seen her at that church! ... We had made a promise to marry back when we were just five years old or so! Twenty-two years passed and she did not wait for me! :cry

Next year, if we still meet at the same place and there's not as much official MagCon business going on, I'm going to drag every last one of you away from your DS's and out of your hotel rooms to take just a bit of time to see the sights of Chattanooga.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 1:30 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Navane's for that. He was looking to see if there were any places for go-karting around where we stayed.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 9:48 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Draygone wrote:
Navane's for that. He was looking to see if there were any places for go-karting around where we stayed.

I demand to be allowed to carry banana peels and green dodge balls while we race.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 10:47 am 

Level 50

Sarah's Knight wrote:
Quote:
even if I have to kill a sucka to get there

... I cannot allow a princess whom I protect to stain her innocent hands with blood, Fay. If it must be done, I shall commit the deed for you. *draws Northern Longblade*

But, yeah, of the two years I attended (2010 and 2012), this last one was the better of the two, even if I wasn't there for about a third of the events. We had even more fun reviewing 2012's group of RPGM games than the 2010's, too, it seems to me. Even if Legend was truly a torturous experience of ungodly hilarity. If that pizza truly cost $225, then that waitress/maid who made the offer had better come with the pizza completely naked or something, as I had later remarked off-camera.

Sorry I had to be out for the last six games of the decathlon, but to tell the truth the visit to my great aunt's house on Signal Mountain was well worth the sacrifice; her cooking means more to me than each and every last one of your lives. (Yes, that was an exaggeration, but dinner at her house is still pretty darn good.)

... Oh! And you'll never guess what I discovered at the church across the bridge from the hotel where I grew up in that Sunday morning .... BETRAYAL! The girl who had been one of my childhood pals at the time, Ginger, had gone off and married someone else in the past ten years since I'd last seen her at that church! ... We had made a promise to marry back when we were just five years old or so! Twenty-two years passed and she did not wait for me! :cry

Next year, if we still meet at the same place and there's not as much official MagCon business going on, I'm going to drag every last one of you away from your DS's and out of your hotel rooms to take just a bit of time to see the sights of Chattanooga.

Thanks SK.;)

I, too think there's stuff I'd like to see in town there. I love art museums and zoos. Especially art museums. I think if things ever calm down here, we may daytrip it just to see those sights since we're local. My partner's cousin INSISTS that Kentucky and Tennessee have nothing to offer culturally in comparison to Cincinnati(which she had been to once, and her husband whined and got bored and so did she so meh), so I think that's BS. If they couldn't stay engaged in the Cincinnati Art Museum, I highly doubt they know beans about their own state(and her new one, since they apparently moved to TN). The big city I'm used to now though, is Lexington. Fair amount of history there as well, especially in horses. And, there's a huge craft scene in Kentucky so that's pretty cool too to me. Berea is about a half an hour from the house, and they apparently have beaucoup art supply stores... I still need to get there!

And zoos are amazing fun. Like you wouldn't believe. I still wanna take a sketchbook to one eventually and just hang there all day chilling with the animals.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 11:01 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Lantis wrote:
Draygone wrote:

I demand to be allowed to carry banana peels and green dodge balls while we race.

I want to do this on the road every day.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 9:53 pm 

Level 0

Wish I could have been there but oh well. I remember actually suggesting we all get together before the Magcons ever existed. I need to meet you guys so you can see in person that I am nothing like how you think I am. If you move it to Kentucky you might want to consider having it in Lousiville around Wonderfest but that may be too many things to do in one weekend. I don't like the idea of having a non RPGM-centric Magcon. It reminds me of how Music Television doesn't care about music anymore or about how The Learning Channel decided that it would be important for us to LEARN What Not to Wear. Still if you guys are the one's consistently attending I can't argue that (though I would definitiely try to be there next year if it still has enough RPGM). If it just you guys playing games and I can't make it I don't plan on 'participating' remotely. What fun is that?

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 11:22 pm 

Level 50

Just don't come to KY lol. Bedbugs, bedbugs everywhere! Curse the equestrian(lol MLP) tourists!! Country Suites where it was at also has all stellar reviews and is clean. Also not too far from KY. :)

Would've gone myself, but I've had to step it up since my partner has been just about living in the hospital since her mom is very ill. There have been problems like this since Feb, so it was an assimilated risk. I don't get to go much of anywhere from this, but now they're apparently putting her in a nursing home for a month. It might turn permanent sadly. I was in those places a lot as a kid. Just too sad.

But yeah, I hope next year is better somehow. I really wanna go!

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 11:48 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

seeing my grandfather in a nursing home was so hard. i would of gladly paid for home care myself but i dont have that kind of money. he ended up dieing in a fall that caused some complications but he didnt have much time left and he was in rough shape. i just wish i was able to be there for him when he passed, that is something i will always regret. im glad your partner is spending the time with her ill mother, id recommend for anyone to spend time with a loved on who is gravely ill or better yet spend time with them while they are still here. when a close family member dies you think about all the things you should of asked or times you should of been there. a guy at my old work took a year off to spend with his father before he passed; a sentiment that i wish more people where able to do.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 2:19 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Anonymous (Bo) wrote:
I don't like the idea of having a non RPGM-centric Magcon. It reminds me of how Music Television doesn't care about music anymore or about how The Learning Channel decided that it would be important for us to LEARN What Not to Wear.

The issue, to my understanding, is that interest in RPGM has been steadily declining. It honestly depends on whether anybody submits any RPGM games for us to play next year.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 3:08 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

The interest in the pc makers is still pretty decent. We are behind in that game, sure, but the serious makers (aka not me... >.>) will make something and with the keyboard, it will speed things up for them. It won't be dead and maybe with a focus change we can interest newcomers to join in.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 11:03 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Draygone wrote:
It honestly depends on whether anybody submits any RPGM games for us to play next year.

This.

For this year, we almost had to beg people for demos. And half of everyone that wanted to submit something backed out. Such a golden opportunity to get your game played by so many people at once for genuine, real time feedback. We have very little time together as is, and it's a pretty huge time sink to demo these games for the short few days we have. If someone wants their game demo'd they should come to us, not the other way around. So I think next year we aren't going to worry about it unless someone specifically asks us to play their game. So if there aren't any games next year, it's not because we decided to become non RPGM-centric, but because no one submitted anything.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 3:35 am 

Level 50

ShadowFox1001 wrote:
The interest in the pc makers is still pretty decent. We are behind in that game, sure, but the serious makers (aka not me... >.>) will make something and with the keyboard, it will speed things up for them. It won't be dead and maybe with a focus change we can interest newcomers to join in.

The PC Maker community is booming. I imagine if we established some more contacts at the official forums, there'd be a ton of games to play. Then again, it also depends on the individuals if they want to submit a game or not. But no one will, if they don't know about it.:P

I think it might work though. They have monthly contests over there all the time with numerous entries. They're having an official one right now with the theme of all the entries taking place in the same universe, established by one of the community heads. And they are giving roughly a month to get a small game in.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 3:22 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

It'll probably go better than any of our contests.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 5:45 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

It's kinda sad that the garbage contest got the most entries...

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 6:08 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Garbage games are easy to make and take very little time and almost no effort. It's to be expected.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 2:00 am 

Level 50

Draygone wrote:
It'll probably go better than any of our contests.

It may or may not, heh. The "Make a Scene" contest had some pretty varied entries. The one that got it definitely deserved to win, but there was also just one with two guards pretty much making gay jokes and saying nothing interesting. It was... something else, to say the least.:P

I am hoping that in this contest, all the entries will be pretty decent since it involves making a miniature game. I think if someone put effort to make a small short part, it'd work. Like making sure that there's one good dungeon instead of 3 meh ones since it's only 30 days to complete it.

However, I'm not entering. I thought about it, but honestly there's just too much going on right now. That, and I'm still learning Ace since I'd never touched VX prior. :rlh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]