Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 21st, 2024, 8:28 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 7:31 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Hey guys, we are here live at MagCon 2012, the last MagCon as an RPG Maker-centric convention. We will be uploading videos as they happen.

Keep it locked!

MagCon 2012 Introduction

RPG Maker Showcase

Gaiden Glitch Tactics - vanquish3000

Rincar - Guarionex

Crystal Shores - Karr Lord of Chaos

Arc Arath - Lantis and Sarah's Knight

Mystery Game - Incestro (fake name)

Crystal Shores Redux

Random Stuff

The Mag Plays Return to Dreamland

Playstation Vita Giveaway Results

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 10:38 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

The introduction video is out. We have more details about the PSVita drawing and...other things.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 10:41 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 10

Well money>bills>magcon =/ sorrrry brosephs.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 10:47 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

You know how I am about commitments.... I don't do them.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 11:12 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Haha well, glad to see things kicking off already! That copy of Uncharted has graced Lantis butt. Does that make it worth more? :O

Well, I'll be going to whateveryoucallitnext-con next year. Hopefully it's still where it's at.:D

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 5:13 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

We just put up Gaiden Glitch Tactics.

@Drew, INCORRECT.

@Syn, lawl.

@Ash, Yes. It has now been rump-touched by the HOF. It's worth more.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 7:20 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Rincar is up!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 1:38 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Crystal Shores and Arc Arath are up!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 3:06 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

omg i totally forgot! i see ya guys reviewed crystal shores.

"i managed to condense the game down to 3 cards instead of the usual shiz show. you need to put sys card and intro card in and it should boot up fine. i included a save file to play it in game, its the only way to play the game and shouldnt have any complications as ive spent a week testing and tweaking everything. when the promp comes load up card 3, you can fire it in. the game is unpassworded if you end up in any dire issues but i doubt it at this stage.

looking forward to seeing someone play it, its about 2 hours long but you can probably burn through it faster then that. if you decide to play some battles or just dont want to spend time killing anything just select the cheater sword and use its ultima magic, it will flatline every enemy on screen."

the above was the pm i sent to ix with my game. already 15 minutes in i can see that you missed loading the save file and thus missed the right levels needed for this card, the items you would have, the equipment, switches and everything else. in the future im going to make a redundant switch that will load a blank screen and tell you that you need to use the save file and prevent you from moving forward unless you load it. the battles in the game are a big cake walk, but only if you played through the first two chapters or used the save file i included ;P

i apologies for the spelling mistakes, i never seam to get around to putting all my text through an editor to clear up the bad spelling and grammer. that is something ill work towards after i make enough progress on the next card. one of the problems with being unable to spell is that you dont even know how bad it is until someone points it out.

-remark about 5th dimension: draygon is right, the 4th dimension is believed to be time while i believe the 5th dimension is something like experience.

-the athena statue should of healed you and recovered your status effect. i must of used an older save when i lost my memory cards in my move and missed repairing this one. it was a change i made not long ago when i realized there was a good oppertunity to give people free healing. i should of double checked that, my bad.

-if you had used the save file you would of had enough money to play the mini game on the computer which you might of enjoyed. it was a creative poker game with a hi/lo card game at the end.

-the sparkles was done before i ended up with an extra sprite. ill be using that when i go over the game as well as patch up the wall walking that i forgot about.

-the events in xikos story line is actually much longer, around 200 years ago. when i originally made this card i had a time stamp that was sooner but i kept jumping around so i never got around to correcting it.

-the myst thing is a genuine bug that im going to have to fix. i dont think i ever thought to check if that was the only path to getting to the desk top. ill make the side and up buttons cycle through the computer icons instead just to add to it.

-haidars boat dock is fully walkable, unless i changed it to save space which i might have. ill revise my statement, the dock used to and may still be walkable.

-if you had of just continued on you would of hit spiral island, the most innovative city ive made to date.

-the bikini graphic was for an event at the end of the card but you wouldnt of been able to play through the whole card in 1 hour.

thanks for playing the game but i was hoping you would of read the email first. the save file i made for you had a special mag message which told about the extras card and gave you information on which arc to play, and included a cheater set which you could of destroyed any enemy with magic or by attack. the save file is so important because i give every player a starting hp of 300-400 by event so the game is unplayable in test unless you account for this (xiko and haider are the most enjoyable in card 3 i think). also it might be best to avoid spending so much time on text and focus more on game play. an hour is a relatively short time for even games with construction times of 30 hours. that camera focusing in and out has given me a headache lol

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 8:03 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I put up Arc Arath and the secret game that someone (DRAYGONE) surprised us with.

@Karr, I completely missed that part in the PM. That's my fault. What I'll do is try to make another, shorter video using the game save.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 9:24 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

And I thought I made sure my grammar was perfect. XD

Thanks for playing my demo! About the three major issues:

1. Disappearing text box: I must have messed it up in one of my final checks were Malfoc's dialog had a text box and I removed it. It seems I forgot to add it back after he was done talking.

2. Loud crowd noise during battle: That wasn't exactly a mistake, but I can see how it can be annoying. I'll make sure to change it.

3. Repeating scene: Oops? I was sure I add a self switch to make it non repeatable. I'll check if I add the condition to read that self switch.

4. Extra directions: I made sure to be clear on directions during the main dialogue, but forgot to add someone to remind you if you didn't catch it the first time.

5. Not something you mentioned but it was something I totally forgot... add a document explaining controls and other details I didn't want you to miss! I made the game with exploration in mind, so you would be able to get to know your neighbors if you bothered to talk to all of them. At the moment (in the demo) you wouldn't exactly get anything from it but you do get some friendship points with each neighbors that would allow you to get something from them eventually (extra quest, item, etc)

6. About the ERKs (wild caterpillar and squirrel): They're just weird happenings you can find if you explore a little bit. The squirrel was in house next to Bill's (in the house where the woman that tells you about ERKs)

Basically, in addition to them being totally random, you can get acces to more items or rooms depending on how many you have found. (If you got the squirrel one, but never the caterpillar one, you would have been able to acces the locked door in Malfoc's lair too)
Also, if you found the squirrel, you'd be able to see it running around by the Eastern Exit and try to catch it for an item

7. Something that bothered me is that the sprite I use for Bill doesn't really have his own Battler graphic. The one I used looks too young to be a man in his late 20s/early 30s The graphics I used so far aren't necessarily the final ones.

8. It also seems I messed something up and Bill ended up being lvl 2 from the beginning, which seemed to work out just fine. At the moment, level ups only get you more HP and SP anyway.

9. To answer a question about the original Rincar (How far into it I was) The town was a bit smaller but only because of the lack of sprites. When it comes to NPC sprites, I told myself I won't be repeating sprites for them. XP gave me more sprites so I saw it logical to expand the town and it's residents. Originally, Gina's story wasn't playable; you only see the scene where she found the letter. Leafy Forest is where you get your first team member and where Coco plays an important role. A forest maze where you had look for lost farm animals and throw the poor cat a switches to hit them from afar. I also had a pillar factory; which is what it sounds like. A dungeon full of movable pillars and disgruntled undead employees who have been trapped there since it shut down.

10. And finally (before I keep thinking on things to mention) I must admit I wasn't sure if I should let Gina be playable. She was in the original one: She was the strongest one of the currently playable ones (due to her ability being super strength) but slow for being so easily distracted. She also received less damage from monsters for being too cute.
But in the end.. you know.. she's a little girl. It seems kind of cruel to have to be fighting for her life when she's not even 10 yet.

11. See how I was going to point 3 issues and ended up with 11 points? Someone needs to learn his math!

But yeah. Thanks for playing it! I'm glad you managed to enjoy it. I need to catch up with the other videos now. XD

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 1:23 pm 

Level 0

oh god that legend review was epic.

black town lolololol

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 5:39 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Crystal Shores Redux is up!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 6:22 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

The Mag plays Return to Dreamland is up!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 8:31 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Aw, ran out of videos to watch, haha. I finally caught up on everything. Very good stuff thus far.

Incidentally, are all the pass phrase words up yet or? Cause I've watched all the videos and don't have em all, so I was wondering if anymore videos before tomorrow are coming.

That, and I'm magconning vicariously, haha. Looking forward to catching the rest.:)

PostPosted: March 31st, 2012, 11:18 pm 

Level 0

thanks for the do over, it turned out great and you hit the stuff i most wanted to showcase (the island and job system).

-im going to put a way to back out of the portal from switching memory cards to give players a little bit more control on them. i need to make some things more player friendly. at this point in the game you wouldnt of encountered a portal yet so you might not know what they are.

-the item deputy star is a multi stat item. when you receive it its just an "other" item. you bring it to that area and select the person you want to equip it on. by clicking on the sign you exchange the item for an accessory item, a switch, and the stats. if you enter the 9 tile area without equipping it you will be refused access to leave until you equip it on the party member. upon equipping the item it is cursed so you cant remove it. since there would be no way to prove you equipped it (items equipped count as inventory) i actually remove the party member which takes the item out of inventory and allows you to pass. i will use it to give the player special bonus' at the cost of an accessory slot.

-you could also of equipped the rocket booster which is a cheater accessory which gives you first attack basically. the swords have a magic ability called ultima which is the magic you saw when you chose to auto battle. the auto battler finds that you have an item that casts magic which is powerful and uses it first.

-the chick you can peak down on her and spy on her boosam prior to the mission, she appears randomly but i might just make it perminate to avoid possible confusion.

-good idea about telling the player about what spells or attributes they have. that is something i will add forsure when i spell check the card!

-like the side door thing. i saw that done in drays game but forgot about it. there is a few places i can utilize it.

-the whole design of spiral island is a 4 sided place. i was unable to make roofs appear in the opposite direction so i had to settle for using a blue to give the idea that there is a house roof you can see and by turning the corner the house then becomes visible. the one exception is the top level which has 3 sides and is triangular in shape. the spiral town is an effect i will do sometime in the future but i need to be careful on how i do it so as to not annoy the player to death.

-ill add a msg to tell you to talk to the guy at the bar so the player isnt wondering around stupidly like you guys did. also unclear is that the captain spawns by the dock. the guy who you spoke to while carrying the contraband is the guy you where supposed to talk to. he doesnt appear till after you speak to fargwan. i will make him appear before hand anyway and tell you to speak to fargon first. ill eliminate or change the sprite of the captain in the brigadean hall to make it clearer. one important thing i seam to forget is that even though i know where i am, people playing my game do not and so i should make it clear where the player is. more dialogue is needed to lesson the confusion.

-if you spoke to the npcs while carrying the contraband you would get unique dialogue pertaining to the mailbox. the ninja (ill change the sprite to make it more clear) remarks that you have a nice box with a tight slot, and the old guy tells you that he doesnt believe what your doing classifies as email. additionally if you chose to reach in and try to take the item out of the box your hand will get stuck and a guard will talk your ear off, providing some funny dialogue, and increasingly slower music.

-i may very well make a guide to go with the game.

even though ive gotten feedback from others testing my game i dont think anything can replace seeing someone play it. so often i found myself yelling at the computer for you guys to hear me and talk to an npc you walked by. i believe this is the magic of the lp, giving you not just a review of a game but watching how someone else plays a game and what they look for in an unknown experience.

thanks a lot for the second play, i learned a few things which ill be applying.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2012, 3:53 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

The Videogame Decathlon is up along with the Victory Podium.

All of the videos with codes in them are up, so you have only a limited amount of time to get those PMs to me!

PostPosted: April 1st, 2012, 5:08 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Karr Lord of Chaos wrote:
so often i found myself yelling at the computer for you guys to hear me and talk to an npc you walked by. i believe this is the magic of the lp, giving you not just a review of a game but watching how someone else plays a game and what they look for in an unknown experience.

Lol, so true. I did the same when I watched them play Rincar.

My interenet failed me (drained all my allowed data usage by watching so many videos I think, now internet is slow until next cycle) so.... I guess there goes my chance to try and win that Vita :(

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 8:42 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

The results of the PS Vita contest are up!

MagCon 2012 is over! Thanks for watching and we'll see you next time!

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 9:28 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Karr Lord of Chaos wrote:
thanks a lot for the second play, i learned a few things which ill be applying.

Sorry for screwing up the first video. I felt pretty sheepish playing the first part of the game... and then loading the save and it says "I'm tired of showing off just the first part of the game."

But yeah, I'm glad you were pleased with the second run through. Hope we did it justice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next