Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 3:32 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 3:46 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

It's Super Mario RPG on steroids.

Thanks so far to Lantis, Ixzion, and FullOfSyn for co-commentating.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

Last edited by ErikaFuzzbottom on June 10th, 2012, 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2011, 6:02 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Aside from some horrid de-sync that has occurred during episodes 7-10 (I mostly fixed it), this LP has been going decent so far. A few bosses were a bit disappointing, but I've been enjoying myself. The latest upload has me fighting Belome in the sewers, while with recordings, we're sitting at Marrymore until Lantis gets his internet going again.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: November 14th, 2011, 10:45 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Which may be a while still...

They will be back out Thursday to "finally get this knocked out."

I bet.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 12:52 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Good thing we played ahead.

Speaking of, I've got up to Bowyer uploaded, now. And Bowyer was.... well, he sucked.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2011, 8:49 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I wonder, is there anybody here reading this topic who isn't subscribed to my channel? Well, I guess there's Ixzion, but he doesn't watch these anymore, anyway.

Well, just in case, I'll give the heads up, anyway. I just started uploading the set in which we finally rescue Princess Peach.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2012, 7:51 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I've decided that despite not yet getting to all the let's tries that were requested, I should resume uploading of SMRPGR, partly for the fact that let's playing seems to have slowed down some (at least as far as the people I watch). So, in the last episode, I left on a cliffhanger: do I survive the cake's Big Bang attack? Time to find out!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2012, 10:06 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

That freaking cake battle was ridiculous. I've come into the LP on this episode, but I have trouble with that guy in a normal game. o_O

Looking forward to seeing more!!!

PostPosted: January 19th, 2012, 10:46 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

You know, Dray's always kept at least 2 guest on every episode so far.

We're looking for a third right now...

*nudge nudge*

PostPosted: January 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Well, usually. A couple times it's been just Lantis.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

And that's another episode of SMRPGR up. This is the point of the game where we regroup and remind ourselves that the world needs to be saved. Unfortunately, we don't do a good job of remembering it. :P

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 8:56 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

You know, minus the fact that the world doesn't need saving actually. We just need to do some road construction so people can wish again.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:58 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

The chaos that ensues after getting Peach back is always, always entertaining. I'll definitely consider the whole speaking/commentary thing though.:D

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 11:46 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Lantis wrote:
You know, minus the fact that the world doesn't need saving actually. We just need to do some road construction so people can wish again.

No, seriously, I know the plot revolving around Smithy goes on the backburner for most of the adventure, but he IS trying to take over the world, and has already attacked the Mushroom Kingdom and Rose Town. (And the people in Seaside Town seem suspicious.) :P

PostPosted: March 4th, 2012, 4:20 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

It's slow going, but we're making progress. Just uploaded the first episode of a session with Fayorei and Ixzion joining us.

Yeah, I know I haven't done a good job updating. But almost everyone here is subscribed to me, anyway, so I'm not overly concerned about it. If you missed some episodes, just click the playlist button in the first-post video.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 10:35 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't really made any threads for my LPs since Star Fox. It's pretty much for the same reason. I'm just going to wait till the new version of the Mag drops and get everything caught back up then.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2012, 7:52 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

In case any of you are curious, here's the episode in which I fight Yaridovich. How well do I manage? You may be surprised.

Audio explanation: This episode was recorded shortly after I returned to "A Light in the Sky", using my new capture device that captures video from my actual consoles. Apparently, HyperCam 2 noticed this new device was plugged in, and rather than record the audio of my PC (which includes both the game audio and the co-commentators), it decided to switch to the audio from the capture device, so it got nothing.

By the time I noticed that no audio was captured, Syn had already left. I decided to check the audio file that contains my commentary, and figured out that my mic picked up Lantis & Syn from my speakers. It wasn't a great quality, but at least their commentary was salvageable. So we decided to use that, if only because we had some pretty big reactions in this episode that would've been lost had we re-recorded. The fix was rather time-consuming, because I not only had to amplify their voices, I had to remove my own (much louder) voice from the audio. Unfortunately, this makes certain background noises all the more noticeable.

I also took music from the soundtrack and extended them to play in the background, to help offset the staticy voices. Of course, my video editor has a habit of randomly forgetting that I lowered the volume of tracks at the last split-second, so bleh on that. Also, the sound effects present were simply picked up on the mic. Even if they weren't, there's no way I'd add them back in manually. I don't think ANYBODY would do that.

And from now on, any time I plug back in my new capture device, I'll have to make doubly certain that HyperCam 2 doesn't switch back to it.

...At least there wasn't desync.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2012, 4:20 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Lantis and My Little Pony.

'Nuff said.

Actual episodes will return next week.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 5:00 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Lantis and I are recording Revolution, today, starting momentarily. If anybody's interested in joining in as we play, hop into the chat. I'll have Lantis check for joiners in between recordings (about every half-hour).

Edit. We finished. Got all the way to the Valentina with Ixzion and Bonanza.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:17 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

So, check out this boss fight.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 10:07 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Three months after Magcon, I upload this episode.

In the first of three episodes recorded at the event, we enter Belome Temple, where we meet up with.... some random shaman.

Also, back in the Sunken Ship, I managed to make many consecutive jumps with the Super Jump. Just how many jumps did I manage? Today, we shall find out!

Edit: I should probaby mention that the reason why we were placing a camera in front of the TV screen instead of using a screen capture program is because Lantis's laptop (the one we're using to play this) isn't capable enough to screen capture. Or at least not reliably. I'm fairly certain we would've had to deal with audio desync had we tried.