Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 4:42 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: December 17th, 2007, 12:25 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

I just want a general idea of how loud you think is acceptable for the stereo, TV, games, talking etc. and do you think the day of the week or time of day matters?

Also, when you blare your bass to play games, watch DVD's, do you consider your neighbors at all?

PostPosted: December 17th, 2007, 1:14 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

My neighbors talk loud, but I live in a dorm 8 months out of 12, so yeah. And I don't give much consideration to them when I play music. I enjoy listening to the pumping bass and the mad guitars.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 3:38 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage

Level 23

I live in an apartment, and I've always been very conscious of the fact that there's someone else living right on the other side of the wall (to either side, in fact). I've found a comfortable volume for the TV that isn't too loud but good enough for me. If a video game has exceptionally loud or repetitive sound effects, I usually turn it down a bit. As for music, I listen exclusively with headphones (the only way to listen to music; so much gets lost in the air and accoustics of the room, not to mention ambient noise from outside, etc).

PostPosted: December 21st, 2007, 2:56 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Luckily, my neighbor aren't that loud. They're quiet, real quiet. So it doesn't get really noisy around my house. And when i'm playing music or doing a music project or stuff like that, i consider about my neighbors. Because they have been quiet. It's kind of rude to disturb them.

-Ravishing Tragedy!!~Final Fury!Bam, Boom, Bam, Boom, Boom!!
Let's finish this!!~

-Ionian Guardian Anise Tatlin, Tales of the Abyss-

PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 1:19 pm 
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

At school?

OH YES.

But what can you expect from a group of freshmen living in the suites on campus. The walls are also paper thin.

It's not music or TV that gets me... it's when they're screaming up and down the hallways. We have bigger ROOMS for eff's sake. It made sense to do that in the regular dorms, but damn.

I feel too mature for my dorms, especially when I can hear the girl next door crying on the phone to her dad(who more than likely pays the ungrateful girl's tuition) that she would drink underaged if she wanted to, and he couldn't do anything about it. Riggggght. I'd drop her out of school like a lead brick. Then, the one time my room was being loud there, and for a FICTIONAL movie for my friend's class, mind you- the sorostitutes across the hall throw a whole banana at our door. Queer as hell, and the only trouble we have had with them this year. Happened when I was at work, so I just cleaned it up when I got home. My friends had placed the banana scraps on the sorostitute's door too, but I cleaned that as well. I'm too old to be screwing around with kids. Did I mention the building director lives right in between our two rooms? And there's a camera? So I could have reported the incident, brought up the time, and they could have replayed the footage. It's vandalizing school property, especially the precious suites that are in their first year of occupancy. But instead of whining like a baby, I just ignored them for the most part.

I can't wait to live in this apartment off campus with a friend. It's specifically meant mainly for graduate students, and a bunch of nice international people also live there.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 2:55 pm 

Level 0

@Fayorei

I've live in my share of dorms and heard and played my share of loud music (but I never really had that powerful of a system), but then I also lived in the Grad hall which had 24 hour quiet hours which seems daunting. I tell you it was the most enjoyable living experience I've ever had in the dorms. I hope your apartment will also be as enjoyable.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:22 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

i like to be quite. i am overly mindful of everyone else around me, perhaps a bit scared that someone will complain if i have something too loud. my girlfriend is very loud, she likes to talk in a high voice that sounds like a damn banshee. if she is really into a conversation with a group of people i have to tell her to keep it quieter. no one wants pumping sound right into their ear drum unless they are at a rock concert.

i rarely hear anything from my neighbors, but i sometimes catch the odd tv being too loud. i get annoyed but it doesnt bother me for long. whats with old people and having the tv set to subsonic sound?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]