Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 5:18 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

What lawyer should Kitty go with?
Stay with "Steve Rollins" 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Try "Binder and Binder" 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:12 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage

Level 0

As most of you know. I been waiting to get on SSI income for the past 5 years. Because of health problems.

I have a court date for Oct the 11th. My lawyers paralegal told me that "Steve Rollins" who I been working with can not make the court date because he has other cases. But they can offer me another lawyer. Or I can wait 4 more months for another court date.

My MOM says.. You should go with "Binder and Binder" there really good and I have a friend that got his whole family on SSI and they have a close friendship with "Binder and Binder"

TAI says, "No one knows your case as well as "Steve Rollins" Stay with him. My paperwork stack is the size of a wedding cake. It will take too much time for another lawyer to go threw.

My Dad says, Steve Rollins has been working on your case for a long time now. And when you went before the first judge that Steve gave me a 90% chance that my case will win. And it did not. Also no one really knows what kind of track record Steve Rollins really has with winning cases.

Help me pick who you think I should go with...

Here are there profiles so you can help me make a good choice.

http://rollinslawfirm.com/jsp3377503.jsp

Quote:
Admitted: 1991, Pennsylvania; U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania; U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd and 4th Circuits

Law School: Temple University, J.D. cum laude, 1991

College: Lock Haven University, B.S. magna cum laude, 1984

Member: Pennsylvania Bar Association.

Biography: Phi Kappa Phi. Horace Brown Scholar. Author: "Reopening and Res Judicata," Social Security Disability Law Conference, May 2000 and Pennsylvania Bar Institute, July 2000; "Social Security Disability Update: Case Law and Legislative Updates", 1998 and 2000; "Hot Disability Issues in the Federal Courts", Advanced Social Security Practice, 1996, National Social Security Disability Law Conference, 1996 and 1998 and Dickinson School of Law, 1997; "Interactions with Social Security Disability Claims", Philadelphia Bar Association, 1995; "Medicine and Social Security: Proving the Disability Case-Cardio/Pulmonary Issues", 1997. Speaker: National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives, April 1996 and November 1998; Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1994, 1996,1998, 1999 and 2000; Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 1997; Philadelphia Bar Association, 1995; Penn State-Dickinson School of Law, 1997 and 1999. Member, National Organization of Social Security Representatives, 1995-.

Reported Cases: Mendez v. Chater, 943 F.Supp. 503 (E.D. PA 1996); Mickles v. Shalala, 29 F.ed 918 (4th Cir. 1994); Gauthney v. Shalala, 890 F.Supp 401 (E.D. PA 1995); Kadelski v. Sullivan, 30 F.3d 399 (3d Cir. 1994); Telesha v. Barnhart, 2003 WL 22161584 (M.D.Pa. 2003); Gorecki v. Massanari, 197 F.Supp.2d 154 (M.D.Pa. 2001); Carter v. Apfel, 220 F.Supp. 393 (M.D.Pa. 2000); Roman ex rel. K.M.J. v. Barnhart, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8072 (E.D.Pa. 2006); Dixon v. Barnhart, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 713 (E.D.Pa 2005).

Born: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, January 18, 1962

ISLN: 901262798

Firm Overview

Mr. Rollins is a former attorney to the Social Security Administration and has more than 15 years of experience litigating Social Security disability matters.

http://www.binderandbinder.com/

Quote:
Charles E. Binder, Esq.
Managing Partner
Office: Manhattan
Phone: 212.677.6699
Email: CEB@binderandbinder.com

Charles Binder began his legal career in 1976 as a criminal defense attorney with the Legal Aid Society of Manhattan. It was a memorable three years, during which Charles found that, "The court system treats rich people better than poor people." He didn't think that was fair. So he made a private promise to himself that, "I will give to my clients the same quality of representation that wealthy people would get." Keeping that personal promise as a public defender was a tall order, considering the thousands of clients he represented each year. It turned out to be a good rehearsal for an even bigger promise he was to make on national television, to every disabled person in the whole nation, just a few years later.

In 1979, Charles joined his brother Harry's rapidly expanding law firm, thus creating the law firm of BINDER & BINDER®. The firm's emphasis on Social Security Disability cases was a special challenge to Charles, who saw in it a special opportunity to help a unique group of people in their fight against the government bureaucracy. It was a perfect fit for the man who was so determined to see to it that everyone got a fair shake.

Charles is genuinely a modest man, who is uncomfortable discussing the many awards he has won during his career. He will tell you simply that he is a graduate of Georgetown University Law School, and a member of the New York Bar. He has handled literally tens of thousands of cases, hearings, and Federal Court Appeals.

An accomplished public speaker, Charles often addresses meetings of professional groups such as the Practicing Law Institute, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Greater Upstate Law Project, and is a frequent speaker at meetings of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives, on subjects such as Cross Examination, Senior Practice Techniques, and Federal Court Appeals. He has also served as a trainer for volunteer lawyers in the Eastern District of New York Court House. Perhaps most of all, he enjoys talking to advocacy groups for various disabilities. He likes to say, "Just put together some people who are really interested in hearing about Social Security Disability, don't forget the coffee and donuts, and I'll be there."

Charles also enjoys hosting the firm's weekly radio program, "The BINDER & BINDER® SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY DIGEST," which is heard on a national radio network. The program often features prominent guests from government and chief executives from most of the major disability advocacy organizations in the country.

Charles believes in a highly professional, very goal oriented, but personally relaxed office atmosphere. Right next to the phone on his desk is a framed and autographed picture of his childhood favorite super hero, "The Lone Ranger." Charles explains that, "The Lone Ranger was always on the right side... he was always the good guy...just like we are for our clients."

Charles is now the Managing Partner of America's Most Successful Social Security Disability Advocates, BINDER & BINDER®. From the very beginning of our daily national television campaign he has promised disabled people all over America that, "We'll deal with the government. You have enough to worry about." Harry and Charles supervise a large and ever growing staff of attorneys and other Social Security Disability professionals. However, he always finds time to join his brother Harry at almost all New York Rangers hockey games, and his cousin Lori at many New York Yankee baseball games. "Two of my happiest moments," he says, "were watching the Rangers win the Stanley Cup in 1994, and the Yankees winning the final game of the 1999 World Series."

Charles is married, and is the proud "multi uncle" of his brother's five children. He especially likes teaching all of them about playing fair, and keeping promises. He believes in teaching by example.

Quote:
Harry J. Binder, Esq.
Senior Partner
Office: Hauppauge
Phone: 631.361.6699
Email: Harry@binderandbinder.com

Harry J. Binder is a graduate of the City College of New York (B.B.A. - Accounting, 1968, cum laude) and of the Cornell University Law School (JD - 1971). After spending his first year after law school working for a private attorney on Long Island, N.Y., Harry opened his own law practice, and never looked back.

Harry quickly became recognized as one of his community's most dynamic young lawyers, and was soon appointed an Administrative Law Judge by the New York State Department of Health. Soon after his appointment, Harry was assigned to adjudicate the activities of a large and well connected group of nursing home operators, in a scandal that was sweeping New York State. He quickly became the center of a major controversy for making tough recommendations leading to the revocation of many of their licenses. His tough and uncompromising position was vindicated when all of his recommendations were sustained. It was Harry's first major experience at bucking the "system" and making the law actually protect the people who most needed protecting.

When the New York State Department of Health removed one of the nursing home operators, young Harry Binder was appointed as the Designee of the Commissioner of Health by a Supreme Court Justice, in New York State. Harry approached his new appointment with his usual enthusiasm and unique insights. After only two and a half years of Harry's stewardship, the once dreadful facility was in such good shape that the state was at last able to find a charitable organization to buy the facility, and maintain it to the standards required by New York State. Returning to his private law practice, Harry continued to develop his reputation as a tough negotiator and conscientious advocate in many areas of law. That changed dramatically late one evening, when a disabled fire fighter arrived at Harry's office, and hesitantly asked for Harry's help. Harry likes fire fighters. He considers them "every day heroes." This fire fighter was a veteran of many years on the force, and after being seriously injured, had been unjustly denied Social Security Disability benefits. "I've heard you're a good lawyer, but are you an expert at Social Security?", was the question the fire fighter asked. Harry replied, "No, but give me a week." In that one week, Harry Binder laid the groundwork for the firm that was to become a national force in the advocacy of claimants' Social Security Disability rights. Oh yes, Harry won all appropriate benefits for the client. Once again, Harry Binder never looked back. In December 1978, Harry felt that he needed help to maintain the high standards he had set for his practice in Social Security Disability. Help was right in the family in the person of his brother Charles, who left his position as a legal aid defense attorney to join the firm. And so began the law firm of BINDER & BINDER®. BINDER & BINDER® has now become America's Most Successful Social Security Disability Advocates ®. Harry and Charles keep those same high standards that were set long ago, by carefully supervising hundreds of attorneys and other professionals, and maintaining an every day, hands on involvement in every aspect of this unique firm. Harry Binder is admitted to practice law in New York. He is also licensed to practice law in the Eastern and Southern United States District Courts in New York, the Southern United States District Court in Alabama, Second and Eleventh Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals, the United States Tax Court, and the United States Supreme Court. He is an active member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA), and the American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA).

Harry is married, and the father of five children. Besides his activities as Senior Partner of BINDER & BINDER®, Harry takes his greatest pride in three things: 1- He was at Madison Square Garden on June 14, 1994 at 10:58PM when the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup. 2- Nobody loves beating insurance companies as much as he does. 3- He never looks back.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 9:15 pm 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief

Level 0

I applied for SSI/SSDI a few years back. It took about 2 and a half years, but ended up getting about $8,000 retro pay, but no monthly, because at the time I was working part-time and going to college part time and getting straight As.

So I ended up having to work for a living instead of leeching off of the government.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2007, 3:11 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage

Level 0

Well I been threw at least 25 different jobs. Fast food, driving, cashier, stock person, ticket taker,factory . I'm so slow and tired all the time at a job. I even fall asleep at the job. I'm always looking at the clock when I'm at a job counting how many hours before I can hit the pillow and see my love. I get lots of anxiety. I also think people are talking behind my back on a job. I don't trust anyone.
So I know I have real problems. This is my only choice left for me. I have even been working with people who help handy cap people find jobs. There having a hard time as well finding a job I can do. I plan on bring those people to court with me.
Thanks for taking an interest in this thread. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]