Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 5:40 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 2:06 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage

Level 0

This topic is kinda how I'm feeling right now. And I'm kinda seeing how others would handle it, being that it will happen to most of us who are in a relationship.

Ever since I knew what camping was, I wanted to try it. I see lots of family's that go and it looks like fun. My dad more then likely would have taken me camping. However my mother needs a place to plug her hair rollers in otherwise she gos nuts. She was not the type so we never went.

Now that I'm married just like the whole bow thing.. That my folks would never let me try. I was hoping to do some camping. I have some friends of mine here in PA who love it. They even invited me. But the times that they go always gets into plans me and TAI already have. :\
Besides... I really would not feel right camping in the same tent or cabin with an other couple. I'm sure there gonna wanna get all.. Well you know.. With each other and that will be kinda strange.

Anyways.. Getting to my main point. I started looking at tents and camping supplies with TAI. Just to find out that TAI was getting "cold feet" about the whole idea.

You don't like camping? I asked TAI. He says,"I never really had a reason
to want to go camping. Laying on the grown with no power and bugs I think is a bad way to spend good time."

I then asked.. Ever thought about what would happen if time where to start over and we would not have power and things like back in the day?

His reply: "I been pampered my whole life having TVs, computers, beds and a working refrigerator. I'd rather be dead then live a life with out those things."

At that point I felt like a sharp object stabbed me in the chest watching my
dreams of camping going down the drain. And all that I can think about now is, before I met TAI I was 130pds active always outside running around. I been hiking threw the woods many times but never slept there.
And now all I see is someone married to another who likes to spend 100% free time behind a computer all day and eating fast food because he don't
always like what I have to cook for him. :cry *sobbing*

Is this how I want to live my life????
I have no money and not much of a future to look forward to. I been depressed for a very long time.. And with the hopes of trying new things all is lost..

PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 2:30 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

I think he needs to go camping with you for a brief time like a day or two. He'll complain the whole time and it won't be very fun for you but then he'll see how much it means to you and that it really isn't as bad as he thought.

Then the next time you get a desire to go again, he'll be more receptive to the idea and you'll have a better time.
:)

PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 2:41 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I don't care how this sounds, but this is my honest opinion, so don't b*tch me out.

He doesn't understand what marriage is about in its entirety. My dad and I have talked about this before and he told me, "When you're married, you'll want to just spend time with your wife, even if you don't like what you two are going to be doing." That was in response to me complaining about shopping with women and how boring it was. When you marry someone, you should want to spend time with them and do things with them, no matter how much you don't want to. That's what love between two people is. He's just complaining and thinking about himself, not worried about how you feel about it or if you want to do something else and spend time doing it with him.

His excuse is only a cop out. I've been around computers, beds, TVs, and electronic junk all my life, but I love camping, and going a few days without all the luxury doesn't make me angry. I went camping with friends in high school for ROTC (it was for a team in ROTC) and we had a blast. He's looking into this sh*t thinking, "Well, I won't have everything I want... so I don't want to do it." He should be thinking, "I don't really want to go camping, but my wife wants to go, so I'll go and keep her company and spend some quality time with her." He's just whining because he doesn't want to do it and wants you to follow his lead and not do anything and live a sedentary life.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 2:51 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
King of Heroes

Level 0

@KA, I'm glad in a way your looking in my best interest and I thank you for that.

@Bo, Thank you, I will try to keep my hopes up. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]