Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 5:19 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 10:30 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Hey guys!

I stuck with my partner, and we're doing great, but now two friends of mine, a guy and a girl are dating and I'm in the middle.

Now, the girl lives in my hometown which I'm at right now. The guy lives in PA. She has said she LOVES him on the phone, and he is a very *gulps and prepares for Ixzion's awesome brutality* NICE GUY. But he tends to nerve out and push things along too fast, which scares her since she has a problem with being scared of being tied down from traveling for the work she wants to do with engineering. Her last love interest passed away before his time and she never got to say she loved him, so it's another trust issue. He doesn't understand it, he doesn't get why she just won't give into him more. But to be honest, I think she needs to stop providing conflicting information. This is both their first relationship, and they've been dating for 2-3 weeks supposedly. But last time he visited, she wasn't even friendly to him hardly. She ran from him figuratively. A few weeks passed, now he's coming down here again... and she said "I love you" in this gap. We are supposed to go see movies tomorrow(me, my significant other, him, and the girl he's dating who is also my friend)... I fear the same thing will happen from the convo below.

I don't know how to handle being in the middle of this. What do I tell her on the phone at midnight when she is supposed to call me? I don't like how she's treating him. What do I tell him? I directed him to MGTOW, but he still seems so damn whipped.

His account of the general conversation before: Said she'd been working around the house & sleeping... [she] Said AIM takes up bandwidth?
The guy is he, Brandi is her. Striderneko is also him.

StriderNeko X: (21:11:15) Me: Hey, babe, you there?! Missed catchin' up w/ you last nite! :)
(21:11:19) Brandi: ?
(21:11:21) Brandi: hey
(21:11:33) Brandi: I didn't have my phone most of the night
(21:11:46) Me: ah! that'd 'splain it:) lol!
(21:12:26) Me: (figured you were busy, or started that job @ Starbucks already)
(21:12:33) Me: lol
(21:12:47) Brandi: I haven't applied yet
(21:12:53) Brandi: Been lazy and doing other things
(21:12:56) Me: 'come to think of it, haven't seen u on aim in awhile:0
(21:13:20) Me: doin' other stuffs?! Gots to get that job:) Can't let other stuffs get in teh way!
(21:13:41) Brandi: meh
(21:14:40) Brandi: I don't sign on AIM all the time
(21:15:11) Me: you should:)
(21:15:19) Me: more oftenz
(21:15:30) Brandi: No thanks. lol
(21:15:39) Brandi: Sucks up brandwidth
(21:15:42) Me: how come?? what'cha been up to lately??
(21:17:46) Brandi: Working around the house and sleeping.
(21:18:27) ***Me likes to talk to you on aim, sometimes, without always calling after hours, lol :)
(21:19:14) Brandi: lol.
(21:19:29) Brandi: I'm not going to be on much longer. I gotta go get ready for work soon
(21:19:31) Me: (come to think of it, don't you have to work tonite?)
(21:19:34) Me: oh:)
(21:19:35) Me: lol
(21:20:06) Me: (I was going to call you before work, actually, in a few minutes! Should I still? :3 )
(21:20:39) Brandi: Nah. I don't got my phone.
(21:21:17) Me: ?! Who's been carrying it?! :)
[22:43] StriderNeko X:
(21:21:29) Brandi: My mom
(21:21:45) Me: aww... you're so nice to your mother; What happened to her one?
(21:21:46) Brandi: I don't care about having my phone on me at all times.
(21:21:58 ) Brandi: Dunno
(21:22:42) Me: well, I'll certainly be calling you tomorrow, as we're going to hang out :)
(21:23:23) Me: hehe, find me those boxer shorts, lol!
(21:24:09) Brandi: I'm not getting up early
(21:24:18 ) Me: ??
(21:25:14) Brandi: I sleep during the day
(21:25:27) Me: afternoon, afternoon
(21:25:59) Me: (That's just 'cause of your job, lol:) (I sleep during the night, 'cept when you call:)
(21:30:10) Brandi: gotta go
(21:30:29) Me: k, I call like, 3 pm +?
(21:30:41) Me: (or txt)
(21:31:38 ) Me: (sigh... wishes you had a day job, and could be work/sleep normal hours, and enjoy days... :()
(21:32:47) Brandi: THese are my normal hours anyway
(21:32:52) Brandi: but ttyl
(21:33:03) Me: k, bye... call you tomorrow

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 9:54 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief

Level 26

Ummm..just gonna say that that convo was some shiz on both parts. Is she always like that? Cause if she's not then it's obvious she's avoiding him. And is he always such a damn pansy? (no offense cause he's your friend but he sounds whipped as hell).

As for what you should do I say let them dig their own grave..If they ask you a question give your honest opinion. People have a hard time listening to counseling. They usually have to learn of their own mistakes.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 10:08 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Drama FTL... Single-ism FTW.

Personally, though they are your friends... you can't try to be the 'middle man' here. It's THEIR relaitonship, THEY will have to work it out. Your boy is going to have to learn not to let people walk on him. And your girl needs to be more honest. If she doesn't want to talk to him, or doesn't trust him, or thinks he's too pushy... f*cking say it.

I've had more than my share of relationships go bad because there was lack of communication. If you don't tell someone there's a problem, then it's only going to get worse till there's a breakup. Why are so many people so dumb to let things get so bad before they say anything? (not to insult your friends, I'm meaning it in a gereral term for all realtionships)

Anyway, as far as you are concerned... be their friends. You aren't a marriage counselor. They will have to work out their own issues.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 12:18 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Thanks for the helpful opinions guys. Yeah, I'm starting to tired of being the marriage counselor as well.

I talked to the girl last night, and found out because he's so clingy it makes her nervous... I just don't see that too much, but him acting like a mangina all the time is pretty annoying. She said if he'd calm down and loosen up (the man worries about EVERYTHING) then she would be able to get to a good comfort level and they could hold hands, etc.

I know, well it's great and all to tell me, but since today is the day, I'm going to make her tell him in person how she feels, and not to me. I mean, I wouldn't date either one with a ten foot pole.o_O

But after today... they can deal with their own problems.:P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]