Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 21st, 2024, 7:22 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:21 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 1

This thread was spawned out of the idea that was created in the Magchat. In this thread we will post our insecurities and let out our feelings and emotions. Anyone is allowed to post what they feel as long as it's serious. Posting things such as "this thread sucks, you guys suck, and (insert non-serious post here) will be ignored.

I've always felt I've had an ugly nose and that my acne has kept me from feeling confident about myself. I feel like if I had clear skin then girl would start feeling me as desirable. Instead, I always feel like the next guy is always better than me and that if I'd know a girl I'm interested in then she'd always choose someone else besides me.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:37 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I feel like I've been annoying everyone on the Mag lately though my constant posts and my excessive posts on the Mag chat. Often I feel like I'm interrupting other Magonians' businesses just by talking to them.

And because I have so many "Duelpros" on different sites, console networks, and video games, I get the impression that people here will get sick of seeing me everywhere.

I don't think I'm funny, clever, or intelligent and the only thing that keeps me memorable here is my username, not my personality, or anything I have to say.

Though, doing the gym thing has greatly improved my confidence.

EDIT: I could follow the ancient technique of not giving a shiz.

EDIT 2: Oh, great, Im gonna annoy people just by posting this :P

Last edited by Duel on January 8th, 2013, 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:49 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 1

Duel wrote:
I feel like I've been annoying everyone on the Mag lately though my constant posts and my excessive posts on the Mag chat. Often I feel like I'm interrupting other Magonians' businesses just by talking to them.

And because I have so many "Duelpros" on different sites, console networks, and video games, I get the impression that people here will get sick of seeing me everywhere.

I don't think I'm funny, clever, or intelligent and the only thing that keeps me memorable is because I have the username, not my personality, or anything I have to say.

The gym has helped, but I dunno.

Since this thread is all about addressing problems, let me be the first to respond.

I don't think anyone here really truly feels you're annoying. Yes, sometimes you talk alot (a little too much when you're drunk) but it's never to the point of "OMFG! STFU!" Everyone here on the Mag is understanding and forgiving. I've been around to other sites, and seen how the internet works. This site is different, much different. We're all unique and instead of casting that off as "Person X doesn't fit into my world view therefore I feel Y about him/her", we embrace what makes us unique.

I would you say you are, in fact, intelligent. You have another side of you here on the forum that I never see in the Magchat or the google hangouts. You can organize your thoughts very well, and convey them in an intellectual manner. It compliments your otherwise goofy personality very well. If you really truly feel you're annoying everyone here, then just ask them. There is no harm in that. I'm pretty certain that most honest answers will say that no, you're not annoying and that all you need to do is cut back on the talking just a little bit. I really feel that will be the most honest answer that anyone could give you.

Don't stop being you, because I like the way you are now.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:59 am 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Meh.

Level 3

Well, since I'm tired and my filters are gone, I might as well post something I haven't shared with many people. First step is admitting it to yourself, right?

I might be starting to get an eating disorder? I don't really know myself. I mean, I am actively trying to lose weight, and I'll try to not eat as much at meals or just like, I dunno, skip a meal (though sometimes that's just out of laziness. I'll be like, eh, I'll cook later, and then 2 hours later it's like, well, I've gone this far, might as well just not eat). Then I just get too hungry and eat something really unhealthy or eat a lot and then I weigh myself like 6 times a day for a few days after doing that. I know I shouldn't, but I could lose like 20 pounds and still be in the "healthy weight" category for the BMI index. And I feel like if I could just get down like 10 I'd feel better about myself.

But then again, it's not like I'm starving myself or counting calories or any of that, so it's not really that big of a deal. I'm trying to get into the gym to see if I can just like, tone up and say the weight is muscle mass and slim down a bit it'll make me feel better about myself. Yay issues stemming from anxiety and depression!

(Does everyone feel uncomfortable now? That probably went a little far...)

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 4:04 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Why would it make us uncomfortable? Try not to fret, Miss Fruple. You are by far not the only one with such a potential problem.

This may be lame advice, but you should be more concerned about eating properly than "slimming down". Besides, it's certainly not going to help you lose weight if you just binge eat something unhealthy anyway after going so long without food. Please consider seeing a doctor about this.

And for what it's worth, I'll bet you look more than cute and trim enough as you are, anyway. ^_-

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 4:52 am 
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Man, I thought I was the only insecure one. I guess that doesn't make sense though.

Anyways, there's this thing called a "safe space" mentality kinda deal. I think Navane was hinting at that, but I think it's a good idea to ban people smashing into other people or gaslighting(basically blowing off people's legit concerns, no matter how silly it seems to you), or being negative to someone else. So a safe space to vent. I think Navane was on that track anyways, but that's awesome.

I probably have a book of a post to make(I'd like to organize it and stuff), but yeah. I have stuff to add.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 5:40 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Insecurities? I'm all about insecurities! But that's kind of a sad thing.

One of my biggest fears is of being alone. Being alone depresses me. I just feel I'm not good enough for anyone or anyplace.
Like, have you had one of those friends who's somewhat tolerable, but everyone like to make fun of them at their back? I usually feel I'm THAT person, so I tend to feel uneasy on big groups. I also feel like I'm probably going to be ignored anyway and if I talk to much then I'd become annoying. So I try to keep as much to myself as possible. I might get chatty once in a while, but then say to myself "nobody cares about what you're saying" and decide to just stop. (I do that a lot in the mag too)

Also, having been part of a church for such a long time, I lived terrified of people finding out I was gay. I felt like I was going to be harshly judged for that. Funny thing (in a sad way) is that I was right. I was expelled from this church because I was forbidden to move in with a friend of mine because I'd be lusting over him.

I'm pretty much over it, and less worried about what people think about me and my personality/sexuality/etc but there's still this feeling I'll be disappointing a lot of people down the road that unsettles me.

And...yeah. That's it I guess,

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 10:33 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

@Fruple, I stay stick with the gym, it can really improve you confidence and self-esteem. @Guar, I worry about being alone as well, not a good thing. It's hard to fix. @Fay, this thread was originally a joke, but Navane turned it into a serious matter. I'm glad he did that.

Navane wrote:
Duel wrote:

I don't think I'm funny, clever, or intelligent and the only thing that keeps me memorable is because I have the username, not my personality, or anything I have to say.

The gym has helped, but I dunno.

Since this thread is all about addressing problems, let me be the first to respond.

I don't think anyone here really truly feels you're annoying. Yes, sometimes you talk alot (a little too much when you're drunk) but it's never to the point of "OMFG! STFU!" Everyone here on the Mag is understanding and forgiving. I've been around to other sites, and seen how the internet works. This site is different, much different. We're all unique and instead of casting that off as "Person X doesn't fit into my world view therefore I feel Y about him/her", we embrace what makes us unique.

I would you say you are, in fact, intelligent. You have another side of you here on the forum that I never see in the Magchat or the google hangouts. You can organize your thoughts very well, and convey them in an intellectual manner. It compliments your otherwise goofy personality very well. If you really truly feel you're annoying everyone here, then just ask them. There is no harm in that. I'm pretty certain that most honest answers will say that no, you're not annoying and that all you need to do is cut back on the talking just a little bit. I really feel that will be the most honest answer that anyone could give you.

Don't stop being you, because I like the way you are now.

That means a lot to me and I hope that is true. I guess I was never able to shrug off my old history here and because of that I just feel like I'm constantly stepping on peoples' toes. However, maybe I just have the wrong way of thinking here. Everyone I've met IRL has never hated me and legitimately enjoyed my company. Ask, huh? Okay, I'll ask everyone.

Do I annoy you guys?

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 10:45 am 
Elf lover

Level 37

@duel: Not at all. I think Navane pretty much sums it up.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 12:53 pm 
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

Inb4 essay about the hardships of having a penis

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 1:05 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Navane wrote:
This thread was spawned out of the idea that was created in the Magchat. In this thread we will post our insecurities and let out our feelings and emotions. Anyone is allowed to post what they feel as long as it's serious. Posting things such as "this thread sucks, you guys suck, and (insert non-serious post here) will be ignored.

I've always felt I've had an ugly nose and that my acne has kept me from feeling confident about myself. I feel like if I had clear skin then girl would start feeling me as desirable. Instead, I always feel like the next guy is always better than me and that if I'd know a girl I'm interested in then she'd always choose someone else besides me.

I guess I'm going to use this thread as "Duelpro's Soapbox".

I hope this doesn't backfire on me.

Navane, I know the feeling. I went through high school as an unassuming regular Hispanic dude that had nothing going for him in terms of looks. Maybe, I'll even post my senior photo in this thread.

Acne sucks, I know, but there are a lot of causes for it. Maybe it's your diet? I can't say, My only advice is to take a look at yourself and decide what steps to take to better yourself. My high school experience was filled with depression and exclusion. In my mind nobody wanted me. I wasn't athletic and did not have the best grades. But I joined the gym and decided that after high school to change the way I dressed, the way I talked, and in the end I'm a completely different person compared to my old stupid self.

I came out of my shell. I wish I had done that in High school.

But then I realized that I didn't benefit from this mentality. I was only hurting myself. What do I gain from doing that? Nothing. Like I said, take a step back, evaluate yourself and try to fix what is wrong. It's hard I know but an idiot like me did, so can you.

It's all about thinking positive, I suppose. If I'm feeling like crap I usually take a timeout, think about the day and how just hating myself does nothing to benefit me and come back with a positive attitude.

Edit; ^the hardships of having a penis

Last edited by Duel on January 8th, 2013, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 1:06 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
Call me Bon

Level 22

I spend most of my time online. It's where most of my friends are, really. I talk to people at my job, but that's about it, regarding a social life. I think my internet persona is more confident than my real persona because I don't have to try as hard? I don't know. I'm still a social person, but insecurities with my self-image deter me from reaching that next level. I'm working on my weight as well. I had myself a health scare late last year, and even with the missteps I've had, I want to try to change all of that.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 12:59 am 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Quote:
I think my internet persona is more confident than my real persona because I don't have to try as hard?

I think that's probably true of the lot of us in this community, myself included. So, you're not alone there.

Also, props on thinking of this thread, Navane.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 5:59 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Navane, Guar, you guys are right. I've been too melodramatic lately, and too apologetic because of that. Thank you for this thread.

Okay, I feel good? WHAT IS THIS STRANGE EMOTION? Nevertheless, cluck, it Duelpro is back on the saddle!

I feel like good ol Duelpro once more.

Whoo!

DUELPRO IS BACK.