Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 21st, 2024, 5:51 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 9:25 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Heh, "user avatar"

Level 0

^ It's probably the event thing.
As for hitting up, there's probably an invisible event there with 'player touch' trigger or something.

Edit: Argh new page and my "^" is pointless now.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 10:20 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Lausen wrote:
The only other way I can think it would be done is making an invisible charcter trapped between events. If you move left it triggers event and the arrow to switch over the next characters head. Each time you do that it would trigger a switch to change where it goes. The bottom event would have to be set to check so when you hit X on a character it is triggered.

Actually, you are extremely close.

I did it the same way you select keys on the piano mini game, so you can watch that video update again to get a general example of how that works. The party is off to the side trapped around events. There's an event on the left and right side and when you touch either one, it will always turn one switch on and another off (that way, you can dedicate events highlighting to one specific switch). The right event scrolls switches 1 through 8 (since there are 8 party members), and the left scrolls backwards (8 through 1). The X to confirm event is actually directly on top of the characters off screen, and that event has MANY MANY pages, that's where most the work goes. Up is just a move location after asking if the player is sure, and down just turns all switches off and turns 1 on, which resets the entire thing.

There is no way in RPG Maker 1 to honestly re-map any buttons.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 12:23 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

And so the noob figured it out in his first week. I'm off to a good start. I might use something like it for a class system, if you don't mind.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 12:27 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Not at all... it's not something I created either. That has actually been around for a while. And if you want any help with it, let me know.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:07 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Small update, guys. SK once again is texting up a storm, so you may not hear from us for a while. But on my side, I finally got that tester to give the game a go.

And I've asked said tester (who goes by the SN Sunako) to give a bit of a review of what we've got. But so far is only as far as the third scenario. I'm there through all the test playing, and I sit there and just make notes at any small bugs or errors. I don't really help Sunako, as I want the test play to be as real as possible (because I won't be in your living rooms if you guys play). After Sunako's done playing, hopefully I'll be able to pry for a review of which I'll put here.

BUT... I can tell you impressions so far. There were a few scene's were Sunako was flipping threw the text instead of actually reading it where the scenes were long. So yeah, the generic "too much text" that I undoubtably was afraid of. That kind of worries me...

Anyway, if too much time passes before another update, I'll probably do another video update of just the little offline website and walkthrough or something. Again, if there's something you'd like me to cover in these videos, just let me know.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:20 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Where can I see the second video?
How did you get those RPGM sprites you used on the cover waaay back in page 1? I've been looking for them. :\

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:27 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

All videos are also posted in the <a href="http://www.rpgmmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4462">SOE: AA Media Thread</a>, so if you missed it here in the official thread, you can always check the first post there instead of sifting through all 12 pages of this thread.

As for the second question... I'm not sure I know what sprites you are talking about. If you are talking about the ad in the first post, I had someone do those for me. If you are talking about the post that had the PS1 style game cover, those sprites are already in RPG Maker 1, so looking for them should be hard.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:34 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

I meant the ones in the Ps1 style cover. I know they are from RM1, I was just hoping the sprites were available somewhere on the net to something similar to what you did.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:39 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I don't belive those sprites exsist anywhere outside of RM1... though I'm sure that it would be pretty easy to by going into anime maker, saving them to a memory card, and then loading them up on a dex drive... then go into RPGC and export them as .bmp images.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 12:41 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Ah. Didn't think of that. Thanks for the info. :D

PostPosted: January 5th, 2009, 11:05 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

We are making yet a bit more progress. Another scene closer to the end of the game.

Basically the checklist consists of two more storyline towns, 5 more dungeons, the options dungeons, and the final dungeon and actual ending of the game (and all the text involved within). Then we'll be able to say we are around 80% done and can then start working on the battle and getting that all fleshed out.

I don't have really enough content to make another video just yet. But I plan to hit up another one when I can. And just for a reminder, you don't have to search this 12 page thread for them, both are right at the top of the Arc Arath media thread.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2009, 1:07 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Glad to hear you guys are making progress. There's still a fair amount of dungeons on the list to chip away at. Good luck.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2009, 3:53 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

so whats the progress 20 days later? almost there yet?

PostPosted: January 25th, 2009, 6:25 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Well, I'm not exactly sure. SK's had the cards for a while, but I do know he's working on it. We had a bit of a setback, because his laptop died and his desktop (which I built brand new) doesn't have a serial port... I guess they are just getting that old.

Luckly, his motherboard had a com port and I could get a serail port and stick it in one of his PCI ports. It just took a while for me to get over to his place. But we got it up and running, so he can work and backup his work as needed.

I can say though that we are as getting close to the final few chapters in the game. Hopefully in a few months will be finished and all that will need tying up is battle... and then many many hours of test playing.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 3:07 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

That port is probably just something you can get from certain places. This computer's less than a year old, and it has that port.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 10:11 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

SK's computer was within months of new. Well, his motherboard anyway. I already had one... it looked like this.

Even though Asus (his board's manufacturer) doesn't have on-board serial, they do have these wonderful little COM ports on the board somewhere that'll support one of those puppies. They couldn't work any better. =P

In fact, the one I had was also made by Asus. it had a black ribbon instead of that off white in the pic with silver ASUS stamped down it. Though it really doesn't matter as it does the exact same thing. I'm really glad I did that instead of messing around with USB Serial adapters.

Anyway, SK is actually working on some text for a pretty important dungeon that has two parties navigating the same place to unlock the way for each other. Kind of did that already in a way more complex way as it was 4 characters individually walking around unlocking ways for each other...

Anyway, the checklist after this dungeon is as follows:

A new town (and the one that'll fordge the best weapons in the game).
Short dungeon (nothing too complex, but I do want to try making a dark dungeon where you can't see where to walk, but can once you like something.)
And then the final town in the game before the end.
This will lead to the optional dungeons opening.
Then the four final dungeons that'll eventually unlock the end dungeon and the end of the game.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 11:47 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief

Level 26

Gl guys. I know I personally can't wait to experience the finished project.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2009, 11:16 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I tried to work with some pitures durring the times I didn't have game footage. Ended up with quite a few black areas... also need to work on saying my P's more softly. Sorry about that, I'll get better.

Video covers:
Megavideo and why I use it
Sarah's Knight's status
Current production time
Example of text in Arc Arath
New dungeon

(removed because megavideo fails. Check next post for new uploaded version)

Last edited by Lantis on March 27th, 2009, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2009, 12:15 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

lol nice mention of my whining. what can i say, im an impatient bastard. nice to see your getting to the end.

13 scenarios is beefy. i cant way to play it strait though.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2009, 6:49 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I wanted an excuse to post, so here:

Loading Viddler Videos

All current videos so far but hosted by Viddler. After Dray so awesomely found this site, I now can upload long videos with no real limits. Yay. Also note that I'm getting things together for a fourth video. And I'm looking forward to that.

As far as game progress goes... there isn't much, if any. No sooner did SK get moved in, he got a job offer in a town quite a few miles away... so he might be doing the moving thing all over again quite soon. What's even more awesome is that he's much closer to my crib, so he can stop by from time to time. ^_^

Anyway, you might get to see video footage of the live Arc Arath demo as shown in Atlanta... just depends on when I can get those uploaded to the Mag's server.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next