Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 2:30 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 2:47 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Hello everyone. I am still kind of new around here, so for all of those whom haven't yet heard of me, I am the one called Sarah's Knight. I feel as though I may be sort of overstepping my boundaries as a newbie to the RPGMMag by leading an entirely new topic on the forums, myself, but ... I came to wonder just what sorts of incredible gaming feats that my fellow RPG fans (at least I assume everyone here in general would be) might have accomplished in their pasts, and thought that it might be a fairly attractive topic to bring to the forums. If anyone has ever accomplished something that took an incredible amount of skill, time, and, most of all, patience, in any known video game (not necessarily RPG's), then I guess this topic would be the place for you to make that accomplishment known to your fellow gamers. For instance, I know that Lantis was able to complete the hardest possible mode of gameplay on all three installments of the Devil May Cry series, and from what I could tell, that's something to brag about. Or were you able to beat an optional boss in an RPG that had several times the HP of the final boss himself? Here's your chance to brag about it.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 3:58 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

I have a few things I could say:

I have gotten to level 99 in every CastleVania game since Symphony of the Night.

And something that isn't really something to be proud of: The last boss in Star Ocean 2 was able to hit every character in my party with 9999 HP in the first 10 seconds of the battle and kill my party. (This was with the limiter off and without the best equippment.)

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 8:18 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Well, with his limiter off, I am not surprised that Indalecio was able to completely destroy your party with just one spell (I am going to take a wild guess at this but it was the spell Earthquake that got you, huh?). Actually, I would applaud you simply for having had the courage to try to go up against him with no weapons or armor. Maybe that's something I should try one of these days.

Oh! I almost forgot. If I may mention one of my own accomplishments, here ....

For those of you that have played the remake of the first Resident Evil that was on the Gamecube, you may have at least heard of (if not attempted) a mode of gameplay on RE where the enemies were invisible, and, of course, you could not auto-aim with your weapons. Well, one night a few months ago I had managed to conquer RE on invisible enemy mode at the "hard" level of difficulty without saving my progress at any point during the game, and only on my second attempt, too. In the native tongue of Selphie Tilmitt: *Woo-hoo!* Go, Sarah's Knight!

Needless to say, it was at that precise moment I came to realize that, despite my being a college student and all, I cannot deny that I will always be a gamer, as well.

I have to admit that I came perilously close to losing everything during the final boss fight on the helipad, though. You only get four shots from the rocket launcher that Brad throws down to you in order to destoy the Tyrant, and for some reason this was the first time ever that it took me all four shots until I could connect. Yeah, once I had missed with my third shot, I had broken out into a cold sweat. But, Lantis claims that close calls like that always make the best fights, whether in RPG's or survival horror games.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 10:49 pm 
Keep it cool

Level 13

Well, I had considered Donkey Kong 64 "broken" a long time ago. When I say broken, I mean the game was next to impossible to beat. The game was great, but I could never beat the original arcade Donkey Kong for the life of me. I rented it many times, got to DK and quit. It was impossible to me.

Fast forward to the now, and during the summer I got the game for five bucks. I got all the way to the end, decided "Hey, let's just try over and over again until I win"

I won. First try. Wow. I beat it twice in a row, as the game requires of you to do.

Unfortunately I had already seen the endings and such, so it wasn't a very awesome victory, but I still did it. My silent victory over DK64.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2006, 6:18 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Beating Super Mario RPG.

Yeah, it's a super-easy game as far as RPGs go, but it was my first, and half the bosses in the game wound up taking several attempts (the most difficult being Bowyer with maybe 7 or so attempts, though he's a pushover now).

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 11:03 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

In Mario RPG there is an optional boss named Culvex, in Monstro Town. Save up $500, go to molesville, buy a rocket from one of the moles inside a house and take it to another mole close by that house. She will give you a shine stone that unlocks the door to Culvex.

He is harder than any boss in Mario RPG... but I smoked him none the less.

But my biggest accomplishments (as SK stated) is completing Dante Must Die mode in Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 (as well as Lucia Must Die in DMC2). The boss fights in Dante Must Die are incredibly long... sometimes taking over half a hour at least. And durring that entire time, you could die in a single combo from an enemy (if you are lucky, maybe two). You'd survive most single attacks for the most part, but would promise a death if anything else got you.

DMC4 comes out next year, and you can guess that DMD mode is my goal.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 1:12 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Sorry for the doublepost, but I think this thread needed the bump...

Well, I bought Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, so me and SK have been playing MK: Deception up as a fare-well to the former title (MKA is still within it's plastic wrapper... I'm going to try and wait till next week to play it).

But anyway. Through one of our fights (me = Shujinko, sk=Raiden), SK tried the classic torpedo attack that Raiden had. A quick sidestep and an uppercut move send him imediately into a pit of spikes. It looks really awesome beacause it was right in the middle of a special move, of which I didn't know you could do.

Then there was the double flawless I pulled (me=Noob/Smoke, sk= Li mei) which felt exremely awesome.

(Sarah's Knight is going to kill me for this post, btw)

But the best thing I've ever done in Mortal Kombat: Deception was when I unlocked Shujinko's move which is Scorpion's Spear. In Konquest mode, you had to fight Scorpion. He only took half damage, his attacks did 300% more damage to you, and he regenerated his life. On top of that, there was a time limit.

Playing as Noob/Smoke... I beat him flawless (granted- it took 50 bajillion tries).

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 8:10 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

My greatest gaming accomplishments are very unique. I'm an NPC in King's Field: The Ancient City, and I'm in Armored Core 3's credits. w00t.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 8:49 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Cool. ... Do you mean to say that you had some sort of hand in the creation of Armored Core 3?

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:00 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Valk's been in with Agetec longer than I have, so he's got lots of cool stories to tell, I'm sure. :D

The biggest gamer's moment for me?

One of them is definitely beating Super Mario Brothers: Lost Levels from beginning to end. Lord knows, I cursed those levels to the ends of the earth. And I was ALWAYS small Luigi. I only played the game as Luigi. I figured his jumping ability would come in handy, but a lot of people say that he sucks. But they suck instead.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:07 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yeah, I had an easier time with Luigi, myself. I will always hate World 8. None of the other worlds come close to difficulty, even when you consider World 9, A, B, C, and D. Of course, it's even more fun when you can't even access World 9 unless you go through the first 8 worlds without using a warp pipe or getting a Game Over.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:11 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Quote:
Cool. ... Do you mean to say that you had some sort of hand in the creation of Armored Core 3

Believe it or not, the reason I'm in the credits is because I helped the producer of AC3 get rid of stress by playing various games over yahoo instant messenger with him.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:29 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Valkysas, I have to admit that the reason for your insinuation into the credits wasn't quite what I expected, but I guess that one's ability to relieve others of stress isn't something that should be overlooked (who knows? Maybe you were actually the reason that the producer ever finished Armored Core 3 because of that).

... WHOA! There was a ninth world in SMB: Lost Levels? Surely not something that was more difficult than world eight in that game? Because you were right, Draygone; even today I would probably have great difficulty beating that, and the Super NES era is several years gone.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 12:44 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yup, there's a world 9. It is easier than World 8, from what I remember. Kinda interesting, too. Bowser's castle is on world 9-3 instead of 9-4, it's outdoors instead of indoors, and you beat it by capturing the flag like any non-castle level. At least as far as I remember. It's been a long time since I've played it, but I'm certain that World 9 exists, because I remember having to reset every time I lost a life so that it wouldn't count my Game Overs.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 4:08 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage

Level 0

I always used luigi, as I recall.
I refused to be anything else, unless on occasion in multiplayer I was Toad, but that's a different story entirely (and a potential prelude to shrooms use).
Luigi is just better than Mario.
I have no logic behind it, but I've known its truth all my life.
Luigi > Mario.
End of story.
Even in that movie, Luigi is just undeniably more entertaining.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 4:45 am 
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

Lantis wrote:
In Mario RPG there is an optional boss named Culvex, in Monstro Town. Save up $500, go to molesville, buy a rocket from one of the moles inside a house and take it to another mole close by that house. She will give you a shine stone that unlocks the door to Culvex.

He is harder than any boss in Mario RPG... but I smoked him none the less.

His name is Culex. Dork.

And it's kind of hard for me to pick one. in pretty much every game I've played, I've done the game in 100%. As in, seen every possible ending, got to the maximum level, got all the best gear and skills, did every side quest, etcetc.. I was kind of obsessive. >____>

Yep.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 4:57 am 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

erm... well... it got to the point on Soul Calibur 2 where i could repeatedly take just Nightmare against a guy i know who... it has to be admitted, really could play me to a draw any other time... and take out 8 of his fighters without a scratch.

man, Nightmare was BROKEN ^_^

apart from that? nothing special, i don't think.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2006, 9:42 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Oh, here's one: In Chrono Trigger, if you take the time to level up three characters to level 99 (represented by **), when you go to the End of Time, Spekkio will take the form of a Nu. He is freaking hard too.... hard enough to have a magic spell called 'Salt' which he casts on one of your party members that will heal them completely. Taking him out was a pretty awesome feeling.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2006, 12:13 am 

Level 0

I got 4 bucks for Dark Cloud at a re-sell joint.
Yeah, sure, I had to haggle, but it was worth it.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2006, 12:20 am 
Elf lover

Level 37

Let's see... I guess one of my biggest accomplishments was to beat every secret boss in Star Ocean the second Story. (Not easily!)

Same with Super MArio RPG (The Culex thingy)

They might not be the most WOW thing to do for some, but that's it for me... I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next