Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 9:32 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 5:59 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Hyrule Warriros (Noticed the typo, I wanted to leave Warriros in :P): I managed to beat the Majora's Mask map. No more race against time! Yay! I'm still missing costumes from this and the Twilight Map, plus the hideous 8 bit weapons so I might want to go get them at some point.

Majora's Mask 3D I didn't have to redo the Great Bay Temple luckily! Now I'm at the Stone Temple wondering if I'lll have enough time to complete THAT one before the moon falls. I already got the dungeon item.

Borderlands 2: I have always liked the way Borderlands 2 looks and its sense of humor. The first time I tried playing Borderlands didn't go so well, with me quitting after not being able to kill the tutorial bandits with a freaking shotgun.
I decided to play the sequel for at least a bit longer, and thanks to my brother, who helped me out killing things I couldn't shoot at (pretty much anything that needed to be killed), I managed to make it to the Sanctuary. I am determined to learn to play at least this particular FPS, dammit!

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 6:26 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

Even if you have to go back through the Stone Tower, having the dungeon item makes the first half exceptionally faster and easier. Always hated the puzzle where you have to charge 2 mirrors in order to reach a sun block.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 10:38 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

I hated that part. I know the dungeon would go faster, but I really want to try to do it in a single cycle. I should just play the Song of Time though. The countdown is already up :/
I just remembered I haven't caught all of the Great Bay stray fairies or the second skulltula house, so I might try that instead first.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2015, 1:04 pm 

Level 162

Yeah, the second Skulltulla house is the only time-sensitive dungeon in the sense that you MUST complete it on the first day to get the best reward. Thankfully it requires less items and advance preparation than the first one does.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 10:22 am 

Level 162

Been a fairly quiet week as I spent a good chunk of time working on Let's Plays, but some progress has been made:

* Reached and completed the first post-game dungeon in Criminal Girls to recruit the final two party members and am taking some time to teach them some skills.

* Played through and Platinum'd Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late, a very fun but lesser-known PS3 fighter made by the same company that did the Melty Blood and Akatsuki BK games with guest fighters from those series as well. Had one of the more reasonable trophy lists for fighting games that I've seen in recent history too.

* Bought and downloaded Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines for Vita on a whim and haven't done much, but the art style and music are the biggest initial draws.

* Debating on either playing through Skies of Arcadia Legends or Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory next for my console focus.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 6:26 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

GunarmDyne wrote:
* Debating on either playing through Skies of Arcadia Legends or Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory next for my console focus.

Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite RPGs!

I finished Majora's Mask. I started getting tired by it, so I ended up using a guide to find the boss door from the Stone Temple. And to find the reminding masks. I wanted to beat the final boss without the mask to feel accomplished or something, but after suffering through the ordeal of getting it I said fudge it and destroyed it quickly.
I might go back to it to get more hearts and the other 2 bottles.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 9:40 am 

Level 162

Congrats on finishing Majora's Mask. I actually found using the Fierce Deity's mask to defeat the final boss far more satisfying when using it to defeat him:
Both because of all of the people you help out in the process to get the necessary masks and it cements Hero of Time Link's place as perhaps the most powerful Link in the timeline for being able to harness and control a power equal to Majora's without it corrupting him.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 3:40 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

Finished SMT: Digiital Devil Saga last week and moved on to DDS 2 after owning both of them for almost 10 years now.

Both are really good games, especially storywise, considering SMT games usually lack any sort of deep narrative. The second game in particular makes some really drastic decisions in the story that I've never really seen any other game do.

Also, the music in both games is easily Shoji Meguro's best work. I've had several songs from both games stuck in my head for a while now.

After I finish 2, I'll write a review of both and post it to the front page.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 8:01 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Quote:

Well, I have no idea what Neptunia Victory is about, but I can testify with Guar that you will not regret playing Skies of Arcadia Legends. Good stuff.

As for me, I just started playing the first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2. And I must say, while Moira's character is pretty annoying, the gameplay is pretty good (just like Revelations 1 so far), I do like the atmosphere of the setting over the ship in Revelations 1, and, a line I just heard totally made my day. I never expected it to return, but, it caught me off guard at just the right time so as to make me laugh with glee instead of groan, like, "Really?"

Claire narrowly escapes a trap where she was about to be squished against a wall. When she exits the room and meets back up with Moira, who saw what happened, Moira goes, "Claire, are you okay?"

And, totally unexpectedly, Claire takes us all the way back in time to 1996 by replying sardonically, "Yeah. I was almost a Claire sandwich." It was so well-placed to me. The times may have changed and Resident Evil games seem to be lacking in the kind of quality that we old gamers miss, but, thanks for the nod, Capcom. ^_^

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 10:48 pm 

Level 162

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Skies of Arcadia first. One of the reasons why Neptunia Victory is high on the list is because Raiza51 wants to race it too after the success of our mk2 race.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 9:55 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Been playing Castlevania: Symhony of the Night on and off recently. In fact, I beat it yesterday. But I got the bad ending, on account I couldn't think of anywhere else to go and figured maybe I accomplished enough to avoid the bad ending. I'm slightly peturbed by a hallway of spikes that I figured I could get through once I could travel across with my mist form, but at the end of the hallway was a door that I can't open without changing out of mist form, which immediately causes me to immediately impale myself on the spikes surrounding it. But I just found the entrance to the catacombs, and am about to expore them.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 5:30 pm 

Level 162

Keep searching and you'll find a suit of armor that deals with those pesky spikes.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 10:39 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Which I found, and then I saw another cutscene with Maria. I figured maybe finding her would allow me to move on to the better ending, but I was wrong. Now I gotta figure out what I'm missing. Maybe it has something to do with this ring I found that says "use.... room...."

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 11:23 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

you'd be correct, there's a pair of rings that do something special.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 9:41 am 

Level 162

The two descriptions of said rings also combine together to provide the full hint.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 7:38 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I just beat Fantasy Life's main story last night. At 76 hours in, I have become expert rank in eight of the twelve lives. I feel confident that I will be over 100 hours before I'm done playing. There's still much to do.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 9:34 am 

Level 162

It's been a week where I've managed to stay on top of things:

* New titles obtained are Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and a brand new PS4 along with its version of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, which I managed to Platinum in 14 hours, 7 minutes according to PSNprofiles.com

* Alongside that I managed to finish up and Platinum Criminal Girls: Invite Only wherein I stand by my earlier statement in that it's a pretty good character-driven game on its own and the fanservice mini-game was unnecessary.

* While not 100% complete I also managed to beat Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy +'s Story Mode and have started a new run of it to play the branched missions I didn't touch the first time before working on the Extra missions.

* Main focus for now is Skies of Arcadia Legends and have completed pretty much the first major story arc. Currently playing for 3 reasons:
1. It's my final Gamecube game to beat.
2. I'll be able to swap the Wii for the Wii U back in my room when I'm done with it.
3. It's pretty damn good.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 7:51 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
This game is making me realize how little I know of English literature. Every playable character so far is inspired from a different book, and I only recognized 4 of them out of the eight I currently have (Not counting the amiibo characters.) I'm still loving it so far. (I also talked a bit more about it here.)
Anyway, I've been taking it easy, getting every gear before progressing to a new mission, but the last mission I played got challenging enough to make me forget about them and run to the hills (goal)

I'm also playing Pokemon Shuffle. I think I managed to get to stage 105, where I think I'll be stuck for a while. I'm going to go back to other stages to catch pokeymans

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 11:20 am 

Level 162

It's been a slow-but-steady week's worth of progress as I did manage to start and complete Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS with 100% of the items. A fun platformer that is actually race-worthy for people familiar with the game. The final batch of the 2nd season of Theatrhythm DLC was also downloaded and completed within a day.

The primary new acquisition this week has been Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (and the accompanying FF15 demo) and both of them have given good first impressions. Also upgraded to the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade and bought several tables for it.

Making slow progress on htoL#NiQ and am currently at 3-2 but it's a game you have to been in the mood to play. Plus more progress is being made on Skies of Arcadia Legends as, according to the walkthrough I'm referencing (to ensure 100% completion), I'm approximately halfway through the game.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2015, 12:25 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I just beat Kirby Triple Deluxe! This is the best Kirby game in years. I loved it.

I also started Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for PS1. It's pretty fun so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105  Next