Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 7:23 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 11:07 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

My efforts to remain under 75 Unfinished games on backloggery may well be in vain after this week, but it'll be worth it.

For those 3 games I downloaded last Monday morning, I beat and completed Kersploosh!, a fun diversion, and beat HarmoKnight's story mode but haven't 100%ed it yet. Haven't started Sakura Samurai yet courtesy of playing the Code Name STEAM demo instead.

Most of the console time was spent on beating and 100%ing LEGO Batman 3 as much as is available but the final DLC levels should be released this week since the latest update for the game added those levels' trophy information.

The only new acquisition was Criminal Girls: Invite Only on Vita, a turn-based dungeon explorer that involves rehabilitating delinquent girls by leading them on a trek through hell. It's proving to be better than expected.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 8:44 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

Twice on PS3s and now once on Steam.

NEVER AGAIN.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 10:53 am 

Level 162

Stythe wrote:
Twice on PS3s and now once on Steam.

NEVER AGAIN.

Have only beaten the main story once on the PS3 version. Need to go back and finish the Platinum.

Been a good week of gaming so far despite taking time to work on re-watching SLPH Races 21-30 to pick out candidate moments and thus doing barely any console gaming.

Beat Sakura Samurai's main game and have some extra stuff to do before it can be marked 100%. It's a decent game but it feels both too short and too long at the same time.

Also downloaded and completed Blek's Wii U port and found that to be a very interesting but sometimes frustrating puzzle game; especially the final puzzle where the solution requires a trick that is hinted at absolutely nowhere.

Also got Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D on Friday and beat the main game last night. Have to finish the fish collection to 100% it.

Games obtained but not beaten this week include Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, first personal entry in the series and left a very good first impression, and downloading copies of Chrono Cross and Xenogears onto my PSP to keep as back-ups.

Other progress includes a little bit of work on Criminal Girls to beat the second major boss and reach the next big area. Slow and steady work on that one.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 2:09 pm 

Level 162

Seven new games this week... SEVEN NEW GAMES THIS WEEK!

For simplicity's sake, I'll break it down:
* Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - Came with the MH4U N3DS and I bought that one because I liked the design the most. As I'm not the biggest Monster Hunter fan I only expect to play it every so often.
* Q*bert Rebooted (Vita/PS3) - Was super excited to see Q*bert finally get a new game, but the execution is very lacking. I'll finish the main game but the flaws in controls, fake difficulty, loading and fake longevity will just make it a chore to 100%.
* AeternoBlade (Vita) - Caught my eye when released on PSN last week and decided to get it this week. Looks like a decent Metroidvania title from what little I've played so far.
* Excave (3DS) - A simple 3DS dungeon crawler that is fun so far but will likely end up pretty short.
* Adventure Bar Story (3DS) - A unique game with elements similar to various other titles while still feeling original.
* Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (WiiU) - This game is dangerously cute! Though Kirby's expression when he loses his apple during the intro movie is one of the saddest things you'll ever see.
* Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita) - The latest spinoff game in the Neptunia series that takes a SRPG twist and, like Kirby, is dangerously cute with the chibi character models used in battles.

Most of the week was spent dealing with System Transfer issues to the New 3DS XL, picking moments from SLPH races and editing the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 race that I've started uploading/linking as of this morning, along with getting initial impressions of the new games. Little progress was made in Criminal Girls, new Theatrhythm: Curtain Call DLC and beating Q*bert Rebooted's main game so I can shelve it for the time being.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 7:24 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Majora's Mask 3D: I never beat the N64 version out of frustation of failing
the defense against the ghosts
part (and we only had the expansion pak borrowed from a friend). I managed to redeem myself, though, and I'm now at the Great Bay Temple. I've only used a guide to find the remaining skulltulas from the first house, so I feel pretty accomplished XD
Second mini boss from Great Bay Temple kicked my ass, so my dungeon clearing urges died for today.

Hyrule Warriors: Apparently, one Zelda title is not enough. I've been trying to clear the Termina Adventure map, but I got very stuck after exploring the west side (Got the first 3 giants already. My Zelda is underleveled, and Darunia is even worse, and I need either of them to open up more missions. :/

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 8:52 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I'm nearing 60 hours in Fantasy Life for 3DS.

This is a game I wish more people played. Most people ask me to describe it and I typically default to the Rune Factory/Animal Crossing comparison but that doesn't really do it. Perhaps you could say it is a much more kid friendly Fable, but made by a competent team.

You have a main story to progress, all the while you have twelve job classes to pursue. You level up your class by completing challenges. These can be defeat x as y, collect n of z, craft this or that, etc. The game is rather simple but definitely not without charm.

Currently, I have leveled all job classes to their second and third levels, with two in their fourth and one at its penultimate rank of Expert. DLC will change that by adding levels to the classes but as it is inaccessible until endgame, I haven't even considered it yet.

As far as the main story, I feel as though I have just hit the half way mark or perhaps just passed it. It started out rather lightheartedly, however it seems they just introduced a darker character that I may have to face later on.

Fantasy Life really has me wanting to pick it up every day and that has become less and less common these days. Can't wait to get a second copy to play it with my wife.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 10:37 am 

Level 162

The second mini-boss of Great Bay temple is the one you want to use the dungeon item on.

For Hyrule Warriors, if you have the Master Quest map, the level in the bottom-left corner is generally considered the best one to grind exp. on.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 1:10 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

GunarmDyne wrote:
The second mini-boss of Great Bay temple is the one you want to use the dungeon item on.

For Hyrule Warriors, if you have the Master Quest map, the level in the bottom-left corner is generally considered the best one to grind exp. on.

Oh, I know. I just get bored of playing the same exact stage too often. I did level Zelda a bit in that map, and then tried again with the Majora's Mask effect. Now I'm stuck in Lana's KO competition with the spear. She is a bit lower in levels than Zelda and I am still missing some of her badges so I am working on that.

I know what do I have to do for the mini boss in MM, I'm just getting hit too often. I have like 5 bottles and I never considered filling it with fairies either and I'm at the nearing the last midnight. It seems I'll need to redo the whole dungeon :/

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 6:24 pm 

Level 162

Best to do that. After killing the 2nd mini-boss you're only halfway through Great Bay. Fortunately, once you know how to do it, the dungeon doesn't take long.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 11:40 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I just finished watching a rather interesting let's play of Paper Mario 2, and it got me interested in playing some, myself. Except I no longer have a Gamecube and I don't feel like digging out my Wii because I only use my Wii U, now. So I'm playing Paper Mario 1.

I really wanted to have some fun with badges. Too bad your badge points max out at 30. (It's 99 in PM2.) So I have to be extra picky about which ones I wear. I focused almost exclusively on badge points for my level ups, which has made things kinda difficult because at this point I'm entering the 6th chapter with only 15 HP. My badge points are maxed out now, so I'm focusing on MP so that I can use lots of AOE spells and status attacks and status buffs. It's amazing how useful status attacks are when you're constantly at low health. I'd almost never use them on a normal playthrough. (I actually had to keep Kent C. Koopa asleep the entire battle in order to beat him.)

I'm also trying to see how close I can get to 100% completion. I probably won't, because all the recipes you cook count towards that completion, and there is absolutely nothing that tells you which recipes you've done. But at the very least, I'm trying to collect the majority of the star pieces.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 3:33 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

Draygone wrote:
I just finished watching a rather interesting let's play of Paper Mario 2, and it got me interested in playing some, myself. Except I no longer have a Gamecube and I don't feel like digging out my Wii because I only use my Wii U, now. So I'm playing Paper Mario 1.

I really wanted to have some fun with badges. Too bad your badge points max out at 30. (It's 99 in PM2.) So I have to be extra picky about which ones I wear. I focused almost exclusively on badge points for my level ups, which has made things kinda difficult because at this point I'm entering the 6th chapter with only 15 HP. My badge points are maxed out now, so I'm focusing on MP so that I can use lots of AOE spells and status attacks and status buffs. It's amazing how useful status attacks are when you're constantly at low health. I'd almost never use them on a normal playthrough. (I actually had to keep Kent C. Koopa asleep the entire battle in order to beat him.)

I'm also trying to see how close I can get to 100% completion. I probably won't, because all the recipes you cook count towards that completion, and there is absolutely nothing that tells you which recipes you've done. But at the very least, I'm trying to collect the majority of the star pieces.

*coughDolphincough*

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 1:48 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

It was a hassle just to get a working DS emulator. What makes you think I'd be able to run a Gamecube emulator?

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 6:57 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

Just that a million other people were able to. I think your odds are pretty good.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 1:25 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Okay, fair point. But for me, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 1:38 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Your patience to get things to work is impressive.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 8:05 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I would like to mention that, at this very moment, Lantis is struggling to get an emulator to work for him. You think I want to deal with that? Nooooo.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 8:08 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

My patience > your patience. Just sayin'

::edit::

And problem solved... ten minutes later.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 8:55 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

After like an hour or two.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 4:23 pm 

Level 162

Been a good week for clean-ups:

* New titles obtained are Dragonball Xenoverse and Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late for PS3 with the former having a good first impression while I haven't tried out the latter just yet. Also htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary for Vita, a puzzle platformer similar to Limbo only not quite as gruesome.

* Finished up the latest batch of Theatrhythm Curtain Call DLC as well as the last of the Daily Puzzles for Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. Should get to the main game of that sometime soon.

* Spent a lot of time over the week making progress on Criminal Girls: Invite Only and, as of right now, have beaten it with 2 of the 7 endings. It's one of those games that is really good enough on its own and doesn't need the fan service to be a selling point, but it's there anyway.

* Finally, I started on this year's gaming goal list with The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures just yesterday and am at Level 5-1 to mark the halfway point. I hope to finish that this week and then get started on either Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory or Skies of Arcadia Legends.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 1:10 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I beat Paper Mario yesterday. Didn't quite make it to 100%, but I was sitting right before the final chaptr, and I really didn't feel like taking the extra time to figure out what I missed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 105  Next