Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently September 22nd, 2024, 7:23 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 105  Next
PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 2:04 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

Gotta go fast

Been playing a whole bunch of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
Hold on to your butts.
It's better than Mario Kart.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 7:00 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Sonic All Star is awesome. I don't think I managed to unlock every character in it, though.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 7:58 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I actually just got the last character. Had to do up to like... world 3 on expert to do so. It was really hard.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 11:25 am 
Elf lover

Level 37

Awesome, I like to think I can be above average in some games, but most of the time fall short on most hard stuff :/

Hyrule Warriors: I am 3 weapons away from getting all the starting ones (and be able to start unlocking the Master Sword's 25K kills skill). Woot. But I'll need to get some more levels first for those 3 characters (Ruto, Fi and Midna) before I even manage it so I'll probably do Master Quest Adventure Map to unlock costumes and 8 bit weapons, and get more ruppees to level the girls through the Training Dojo.
That reminds me, I actually need the rank 2 and 3 weapons for the 3 villains (Wizzro, Volga and Cia) too. My goal is to try to have all the characters as set as I can before the next DLC pack. Most of my characters were underleved and undergeared to try the Twilight Map when the DLC was up :(

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 11:31 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 162

Pretty much focused on Curtain Call and Hyrule Warriors all week.

For Curtain Call I made huge progress in filling all of the Total Critical charts for every song on Ultimate and Expert, leaving around 80 songs left on Basic to Clear/Perfect Chain/Total Critical and then I'll be 100% done with the game. Hoping to have that complete before midweek.

Whenever my 3DS needed charging I switched over to Hyrule Warriors and have obtained everyone's weapons from the original Adventure Mode map, leaving a few areas left to clear (probably won't shoot for A-Rank unless necessary) and 5 Gold Skulltullas left.

New titles obtained: Etrian Odyssey IV, Ultimate NES Remix and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. I have touched NONE of them so far thanks to working on Curtain Call.

Agarest War is also on the back burner as it's one that I want to book large stretches of time for that I haven't had due to holiday preparations.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2014, 11:29 am 

Level 162

A pretty good week overall as I did finish Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call 100% with all of the trophies and just in time for new DLC for it announced to be released Christmas Eve and January 8th. Just in time too as I bought a new 3DS XL thanks to how the Theatrhythm games have led my touchscreen to be scratched up to hell and my circle pad is beginning to wear out after hundreds of hours on games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash Bros.

Also on the 3DS front is the completion of all of the post-game events in Etrian Odyssey Untold, allowing that one to be marked as 100% Complete too.

Hyrule Warriors continues on steady progress as, within a few short bursts of playing it over the week I've finished obtaining all of the Reward Maps from the game's original content and am moving on to the DLC maps.

Sadly, the weekend brought the bad news of a backloggery buddy of mine suddenly passing away Saturday night/Sunday morning and his friends have decided to get together to play through the 31 games he left unfinished. As part of that I will be playing through Metroid: Other M starting today and will not be playing any other console games until I at least beat the main game.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2014, 10:33 am 

Level 162

Met the goal for last week to play through and complete Metroid: Other M on behalf of my late backloggery friend. While it averages out to a decent game with fun gameplay, nice mystery plot but bad characterization, it certainly isn't the worst thing ever.

Once that was done I turned to the new DLC songs for Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call and finished those up this morning.

Also did a lot of work on the Hyrule Warriors Master Quest map over the weekend and would say that's about 80% done.

Will be getting back to Tales of Hearts R and Record of Agarest War this week.

As of now, I have not gotten any new games for Christmas as the family only opened half our gifts on Christmas Day as we decided to wait for my brother's family to join us and that will be tonight. (I also intentionally did not unwrap anything I knew to be a game simply to keep focused on the goal of finishing Other M.)

PostPosted: December 30th, 2014, 7:56 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I got Punky Skunk and am playing through that officially (even though I beat it on emulation). Alas, my PS2 is starting to show its age and the music is skipping. No, it's not the game, because some other PS1 games are having trouble as well, particularly with FMVs. I figure it has something to do with streaming media, which Punky Skunk and (to an extent) Final Fantasy 4 use to play their music. I notice that music CDs also have the same problem.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: December 31st, 2014, 1:42 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I've played and beaten:

Angry Video Game Nerd Game
South Park: The Stick of Truth

Currently playing:
The Evil Within
Killing Floor
Speedrunners

PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 10:45 am 

Level 162

Been a very full week of gaming thanks to unwrapping Christmas gifts last Monday evening.

New acquisitions:
The Wonderful 101
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
LEGO Batman 3
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
Mighty Gunvolt
Azure Striker Gunvolt

Also got the VC release of Bionic Commando: Elite Forces and the WiiU ports of Shovel Knight and the Mighty Switch Force games, despite beating them once already on their original systems.

Much of the early week was spent trying out the new games, also finishing Mighty Gunvolt 100% since it's short (and a good game to race but requires recording off the 3DS) and finished up the year by finishing Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters at 11:55 PM on the 31st.

The long weekend was very full as I spent all of Thursday and Sunday on Record of Agarest War to reach the third generation, meaning approx. 40% done with the game. Have until February 1st to at least beat the game to complete my 2014 gaming goal. Alongside that I ended up marathoning season 1 of Sword Art Online and enjoyed it enough (well, the first 14 episodes anyway) to download SAO: Hollow Fragment despite not being a big fan of MMO-style play.

This year's primary goal will be to finish my XBox360 and Gamecube games in order to retire those consoles and make room for a PS4.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 4:28 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Playing Zelda: Link to the Past. I've never beaten it before, on account I always get bored. I need something interesting to happen between all the dungeon crawling, and only once does that something interesting happen. It's a shame, 'cause world exploration is done really well. So, I decided I owe it to at least beat it once.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 6:09 pm 

Level 162

It'll be worth it. One of the best endings on the SNES, especially the music.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2015, 11:49 am 

Level 162

This past week has been full.

The latest DLC batch of Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call songs was a real treat as one of them virtually recreated the best scenes from Xenogears, though the song itself wasn't too hard compared to others in the same batch.

The main progress was beating Tales of Hearts R, but the game requires at least 2 playthroughs to get the Platinum so I'm working on a second run, skipping cutscenes and making quick progress.

Also continuing to make progress on Record of Agarest War, reaching Fourth Generation and sitting comfortably at 250 Turns/Battles (need less than 500 for the True End), though the difficulty's about to pick up courtesy of this generation's hero having to use a weapon different from his father and grandfather, necessitating re-arranging my normal strategy.

Finally, did a quick run of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 again to get a NG+ file ready for a race with Raiza51. We'll start recording that this weekend and it'll be a fun one.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2015, 4:50 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Still playing LttP. Just beat the ice dungeon. It wasn't so bad, except one puzzle near the end was kinda tricky to figure out. But I was just being dumb.

Definately wanna finish this sometime soon, because I know what game I wanna play next, and I just ordered a guide to ensure playing it is as painless as possible.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2015, 6:44 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

I've been playing some Super Smash Bros.
I beat Classic mode with every character, so now I started with All-Star. I have a long ways to go!
After that, I'll just focus on practicing with a couple of characters that felt kind of right while I used them in Classic Mode, like Mega Man, Sonic and Rosalina.

That in itself is weird because I never liked Sonic in Melee, and I couldn't get the hang of Mega Man or Rosalina when I played SSB on the 3DS

I'm also hoping for news on the Majora's Mask DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors! Maybe I should go back to it and keep unlocking a few more stuff, and get materials to dump on the two new characters.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 10:39 am 

Level 162

A pretty good week as I met one of two gaming goals by completing the Platinum trophy for Tales of Hearts R but am now undecided on which game to focus on next for on-the-go, probably Azure Striker Gunvolt.

New acquisitions for the week are Atelier Ayesha Plus on Vita, Brandish: The Dark Revenant on PSP and the 2014 remake of Shadowgate on Steam.

Progress on Agarest War has been slow as I started Generation 4 and got around halfway through it when I made a huge mistake and ended up having to restart it, meaning my progress is closer to 15% into it at this point, but I'll be playing it throughout the week to reach Generation 5 hopefully before the weekend.

Planning to get Citizens of Earth on Vita and the latest batch of Theatrhythm DLC this week.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 8:33 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Playing Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage for the N64. I've had it for a while, but the game is so bad, I've never been able to play past the second town. Partly because it takes several hours just to get there. But I have a vendetta against the game -- I intend to actually beat it. And this time, I have the guide for it.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2015, 5:51 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I have succeeded in playing beyond the second town for the first time. Even got me a new party member. Now I'm on the way to fight the first boss. Been playing 7 hours so far.

By the way, this game was released after the PS2 came out. One would think they would've added the ability to compare equipment in shops with what you're wearing. You know, like every other RPG by this point was doing.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2015, 11:20 am 

Level 162

A fairly good week this past week:

Took the time to play through and beat Azure Striker Gunvolt's normal ending. Unfortunately the fun factor of the game dropped quite a bit during the final levels so I'm not sure if I want to go back and get the true end.

Downloaded and have been playing Citizens of Earth. It's pretty fun so far but I don't recommend getting it until they release an update to fix the crashing problems that people have been reporting and I've had a few so far.

Also spent all day yesterday playing though Generation 5 of Record of Agarest War and defeated the final boss, opening post-game and leading to the true final boss, but doing that was enough to consider my 2014 Gaming Goal complete (starting February 1st of last year, play through the first game of every series I own where I own multiple titles in but hadn't cleared any yet). Going to take the time to complete the post-game stuff and then break from gaming for a bit to catch up on neglected projects and resume my Let's Plays.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 10:44 am 

Level 162

Been a bit of a roller coaster week with obtaining and beating several titles but it's also been a good one.

While I started the post-game content of Record of Agarest War I didn't get far as I don't have the patience to do all of the required grinding to complete it, so I'm switching over to LEGO Batman 3 for now and am approx. halfway through Story Mode on that.

The on-the-go progress has been good with beating and 100%ing Citizens of Earth- one that I definitely recommend despite the glitchiness- and the downloading and completing of Gunman Clive 2 with all 4 characters.

Also had plenty of time during this weekend's Comic Con to catch up on DLC tracks for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd and Theatrhythm. I also heard about Pinball Arcade on PS3+Vita, which is a virtual recreation of many of the best and most popular pinball tables from the past 20 years, including personal favorites like Star Trek: The Next Generation and- coming later this year- The Addams Family, so I got the base game and Star Trek for now.

Finally and just this morning, with Club Nintendo being discontinued they have revealed dozens of available downloadable titles that can be redeemed with coins. In order to maximize coin usage I redeemed them for Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword and Kersploosh! to end up with a mere 5 coins remaining. While browsing through that list I also saw, got interested in, and bought HarmoKnight. Have only tried out HarmoKnight so far on the way to work this morning but I'm feeling like it's already worth the $15 or 300 coins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 105  Next